Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Soon to Come!!! "Secretmobile"!!! *Pics added!!*

Well I'm gonna post pics later tonight since I'm lazy but I can't contain myself anymore. LUVMYBRAT found this in a j/y here and so I went to look at it today and the guy said after getting me a title and all the paperwork, he said I could have it for 150 bucks!!! What do y'all think? Black 1989 RX turbo, FT4WD, 4EAT, gold trim, and AC.

Yeah its an auto but who cares?? I can convert it but I mean 150 bucks and all it needs body wise is a couple small dings pulled out and a couple windows like the rear hatch glass, and the rear quarter windows. It will also need a new windshield but its not really bad, its still driveable. I checked the oil, radiator, front diff fluid and it all looks good. He said it might need a new motor but he wasn't sure. I also seen it needs a new AC pump as well but meh who cares, its a black RX!!!! I think its time for the:banana:

Now the time you've all been waiting for!!!! PICS!!!

http://usmb.net/gallery/album288

I know it needs some glass cause inconsiderate people think rocks and windows are fun for some reason but other then that and it missing some of the body kit, its not bad. Lemme know what y'all think of it....all I can say is WJM, look out cause we're gonna be rockin and rollin in this beast;) Oh and it has 209k on the ticker but meh!!

Here's a list of upgrades and mods its going to have done to it once I get it running and driving for a little while:

FT4WD D/R 5-speed with locking center diff

Top mount intercooler

TD04 turbo from a Rex

custom up pipe and down pipe, catless of course, 2.5" from turbo back

Delta cams

carbed shortblock

Spider intake

XT6 Throttle body

5-lug conversion with a 3" drop and 16" Rex rims

hood scoop

custom black and red interior

Autometer gauges (A.F., Boost, E.M.T.)

Autometer tach w/shift light

tinted windows

custom cold air intake

BOV

and lots of other goodies as well!:D

well I didn't feel I needed to since that was including the price to get it titled into my name. Its not as rough as it looks, the main thing it needs is the glass and it has a couple small dents but everything is fixable with lots of time and a little bit of money. No worries its going to be a bit of a project but it will be a daily driven car until I can collect parts to do the manual conversion to it. At least it has 4 wheels on it and it can possibly be started up but not sure.....

Actually Caboobaroo, you'll have a lot of trouble replacing that with new glass. When some drunk through a beer bottle through mine I called all over. Multiple places told me that they could get one (1!!!) and that would have come southern cali.

Best of luck to ya!

i bet if you take the 4eat out of it and take it to a j/y they will trade if for another 3dr. i looked for a long time for a 4eat and had no luck now im going with a dr 5speed (3.9) so i dont need one but i bet its worth somthing, they are an awsome trany for a slushy, mine wasnt even building bost yet at 80mph with cruse on.....:grin: in fact i would say in order to use cruse in that thing in 4th gear you would need to run 90 or so....

well I'm tryin to replace the auto with the FT4WD D/R 5-speed that came in the RX's cause thats what I want. I don't really want a part time 4wd tranny, I dunno why but the Ful Time seems to tickle my pickle:D

stngllhm - if you could possibly hold onto that car until I know for sure that I can get this car, I'll let ya know and we can work something out:)

on another note, I have the 150 bucks for the guy and on Monday I'm going to put 100 down so he can start getting title and the paperwork taken care of and then once he has it done, I'll give him the last 50 snd hopefully I can have it within the next couple weeks:D But I gotta hurry since its now currently snowing here and 1) don't have a car to get home in from work so I have to ride my road bike and 2) I don't want a lot of snow getting into the rear due to the busted windows:-\

mwahahahaha I also found out that a few cars down the row, well more like 20, there's a complete XT6 also. So I'm going to see if the guy will take 100 bucks for everything to do a 5-lug conversion on it as well. Thats a far cry from Hondasuck's 250 for HIS 5-lug conversion.....w00t!!! Now I just need the guy from the yard to call me and tell me where I want it delivered:D