Ultimate Subaru Message Board

subaru trivia time, maybe stump the chumps

ok this might be an easy one for you guys, but im bored. ok so i put some mpfi into my 85 carbureted wagon. i took most of the stock stuff out of the engine compartment that i wouldn need for the efi system im runing, no more canister, ac, power steering, did away with alot of stuff.

got it installed, got it all wired up, hooked up the one vac line that goes from teh car to the engine to give my heater controlls vaccume.

i start the car and it starts great, then procedes to rev to the moon. i shut her down look at throttle linkages, vac lines in the way, that could have hung it up, nothing. try again and it goes to the moon again. at this point im thinking all kinds of stuff... after checking a few lines i figured out my problem.

can you tell me what i did to make my car do this?

that was it, i had no idea it actualy moved the stinkin throttle pedal, i thought it only messed with something on the carb. i damn near blew the car up wish i had been looking at the rpms. the heater controll vac hose comes out right next to the cruise one. :grin:

you win brat rear bump stop(well used)!

i trimmed the cable earlier, so it has more throw.