Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Somebody broke into my RX

Yeh, it sucks. At least there's no body damage or broken glass. They just got my stereo, but luckily they left all 3 tool boxes behind. Maybe cause they were in the back and i have the cargo cover extended. They also got into my Legacy, but there's really nothing in there for them to take. My AMP & Speakers are still in the legacy, but those were left behind.

Whoever did it, stole my neigbors truck tho. Sucks, but i guess I Needed to re-wire my stereo anyways.

-Brian

That really sucks man... worst part is just the fact that some #$(&*@#$) thought violating you was better than earning their own.

What goes around comes around. You'll move on and progress in life while this theif will always wonder why they can never get ahead.

That really sucks man... worst part is just the fact that some #$(&*@#$) thought violating you was better than earning their own.

It didnt really hit me until my drive home from work, but the thought of some scum bag ripping into my dash and treating my car like a rag doll, that pisses me off more than missing my stereo.

The stereo was a Kenwood CD player that came out of the Legacy. I'll be replacing it with a Sony CD Player that my friend is selling me for $20. They also made away with my CD Wallet, good thing i "Backed them up" in MP3 format :)

-Brian

It could be worse, last month my gf's stereo was stolen, the night before NY's eve her car was stolen. I know who stole it he's a crack head and he has stolen from my house in the past. We chased him down 4 of us all who had stuff ripped of by him before but he got away, he's now in hiding and I'm hung about what to do. The whole town is sick of this POS he's been doing this for a long time, he's been thrashed before and now I wonder what I'm going to do. I know either him or his brother will be back, I have a 1 month old baby so my girlfriend is concerned and does not want me to burn his motorhome down or anything like that so he's more or less off limits which is even more frustrating.

Total theft to date from one crackhead and his junkie brother $3500+car:-\.

Damn, and I thought I had a problem with crack heads. The neigbors who had their truck stolen are certified crack heads (tried to sell crack to me and my roomates in the past). The wierd thing is, the truck they say was stolen... i havent seen in almost a week. So im not sure if its something they setup or what. Im not going to stress too much over it.

I'll be talking to my roomates about moving tho. I found an apartment that has a larger garage im interested in. We'll see what happens.

-Brian

My Thunderbird is my baby. When I bought my '85 GL wagon, it was a daily driver/beater car. I only took the T-Bird out on special occasions.

My girlfriend had just bought me an amp for my b-day. 4 days later, I decided to drive it up to her place instead of the Subaru (special occasion). While parked up there, it got broken into, stereo, amp (4 days old), and subs all stolen. Drivers side window busted out and dash all torn up.

I've never been in a fight in my life, and would like to think I'm a very peaceful person. But how I felt later that night... I'm glad I didn't run into the thieves because I don't doubt I'd be in jail right now for attempted manslaughter if I had. I was seething... and it took me days for me to relax enough to not want a punching bag every 20 minutes.

I felt the same way when my Brat was stolen. If my window had been broken out, i'd be searching for the guy right now. Questioning everyone on the block, and installing survielance camera's.

Im still planning on installing my AMP and looking for some sub's. But hopefully whoever did this will remember my car and think "oh, already got that one" and move on.

-Brian

I want this guy to stop, the only way this will happen is if he is deeply afraid of coming back or he's... My nieghbor is a contractor fo a large crime org. and has offered his services but that's a little over the top, but something ahs to give this is BS, I don't know my next move but he's fled his little crash pad so I guess I cross that bridge when get to it.

I want this guy to stop, the only way this will happen is if he is deeply afraid of coming back or he's... My nieghbor is a contractor fo a large crime org. and has offered his services but that's a little over the top, but something ahs to give this is BS, I don't know my next move but he's fled his little crash pad so I guess I cross that bridge when get to it.

Here's a crazy idea... have you called the police? Put him in jail maybe? How about camera's to watch the grounds.

-Brian

I am the same way man, the thought of someone that doesnt give a s**t about other peoples property or the law and breaks into cars and steals things while us law-abidding citizens get f**ked-bent-over-counter-style and have to deal with it, i guess thats why in saudi arabia the penalty for stealing is still losing your hand.

Here's a crazy idea... have you called the police? Put him in jail maybe? How about camera's to watch the grounds.

-Brian

I've dealt with the cops a few times and he's gone to jail many, many times. Things are a little more lenient in Canada legal system wise. The last time I was told to basically do as I please just don't get caught. I called the police this time too, but like I said this guy has been worked over before...

Going to cruise by his place later on [maybe tonight]my brother wants to get em wet and drive him somewhere nice... and cold. :lol:

bad luck dude,the bit that annoys me most about fleabags like your talkin about is how they seem to get away with it without the legal system doin what its there for,punishing the guilty and protecting everyone else.

my brothers race bike got pinched a couple'a years back,cops weren't much help,stolen bikes weren't real high on their 'to do list' so we just got all our combined group of friends to keep their ears open for any info.3 months later we found out who had stolen it ,had a look where he lived and saw a rear wheel rim off bro's honda (easy to id,custom paint job & colour) sitting beside ths guys prized V8

a phone call saying some of the local gang were coming over to 'say hi' had this weener jumping into his car to get outa dodge

does anyone remember the chained up cop car in american graffiti...........

hillbilly justice

someone broke into one of my friend's cars and we found out who it was. Lets just say that DOT 3 brake fluid, a Super Soaker, and auto paint make good buddies....The brake fluid takes off car paint in oh about 10 minutes and when it rains a half hour later after you do it, makes the car a NEW color!