Ultimate Subaru Message Board

lincoln for the road? high power hatch!

ok, tried to drive my er27 powered hatch more than a few miles on friday. got onto the highway, and i thought the clutch was slippin like mad, id feather the throttle, and it would act and sound like a bad clutch. but no smell.

cold day, dry roads, 13 inch tires. apparently the one rear wheel was spinning like mad, because i pulled onto some side streets, applied emergency brake. and proceded to do a brake stand! droped the emergency handle. smacked her into second, spinning and smoking the wohle way!

so im guessing since i can do big burnouts, its not my clutch slipping. does this make sence?

i want to weld it! and leave it rear wheel drive for a while! how bad is that?

Got any laying around? They arent' exactly in abundance or cheap when available :(
Tis true. I got mine from one of the board members in Colorado. :-\ Just concerned about the torque of that six with the welds in the diff. Could make for some intristing cornering.:burnout:

welding the rear end will make the thing drift ALOT when you are hard on the gas. instead of just breaking the inside wheel loose which doesnt do a whole lot when cornering, you can break both loose and your back end will go sliding. My friends toyota drifts like mad and its only got a wimpy carbbed 2l and 33s.

That 6 is only running RWD? Light ascend like that, whew!, No wonder a wheel breaks loose. I'd try some better traction tires, perhaps a little ballast in the back would not hurt. There's definately a load on the fronts. But then, I think I'd use that FT4WD tranny that was on the six and power all 4s all the time. Then if the rears wanted to break loose, lock the center diff and you'll have all the celleration you want.

c150 sobs. Snow coming again and has to drive a TOPAZ!