Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My Pugs are here, Yay!!

I'm so freakin excited, I wish I had a subaru here to put them on :banghead:

so I did the next best thing, I took them out of the bags and took pictures of them neatly stacked in the shed!

3242PICT1318-med.JPG

3242PICT1319-med.JPG

3242PICT1320-med.JPG

Yep, 15"ers 4 with paint and tires, and one full size spare.

Thanks of course to all who got them here!

baccaruda

northwet

snowstormer (nice to meet you, nice wagon!)

and mcbrat (I think held them for a while)

they've had quite a journey, but finally, I have pugs!!!

Yes, the wheels did have a long and winding road. I am glad they finally got to you. I will add my personal thanks to McBrat for being the waypoint, and for Snowstormer to take them up to you. Thanks to all of you folk!

A Dog, those wheels traveled right by you... twice. :grin:

Pug alloys; those are sweetness. You coming down next weekend to the MN Subaru garage day? Maybe we could swap them on then. What size tire is on them?

195/60/R15s, they fit on an unlifted subie without cutting, but are still significantly bigger than what's on there now.

as for the garage day, I'm not sure yet, I want to, but even if I do, it looks like I'll be taking a greyhound down. in which case, probably not

nice wheels! you have great taste. :brow: I hope you enjoy them!

uh, yeah, so I forgot to send the paint with them, but it's Duplicolor dark charcoal - T271 with some clearcoat over them. There are a few layers of older paint underneath that I inherited when I got them from Andrew a few years ago.

And if you think they look good there, they'll look even better when washed and with the curb rubbing repainted...

I'd also like to thank all of you who were involved in helping me sell and transport them. Especially Pat! I'll miss seeing them on my car, but eventually I hope to get some "revolver" turbo legacy wheels in a similar color since I'm adding a lug to each corner :)

aahheeemmm!they were in my garage when pat picked them up.....and i even packed your lugnuts in an acid box, i thought it was cool enough, but i guess not:drunk: :lol:

lol, I had no idea, Thank you too!!!

and yes, they are gorgeous!

and the curb damage looks way better in person than in those pictures, I probably won't even try to repair them, since they'll spend much of their existence coated with mud anyway!! :headbang:

Hey, I found that handful of extra lugs I told you I had. I should send them to the 143rd ave address in rapid city, right?

lol, I had no idea, Thank you too!!!

and yes, they are gorgeous!

and the curb damage looks way better in person than in those pictures, I probably won't even try to repair them, since they'll spend much of their existence coated with mud anyway!! :headbang:

• 3 months later...

Well, FINALLY my subie and my wheels were in the same town together, so on they went! (I live in Duluth for college, cars live at my parents in the Twin Cities, wheels were up here with me...) And D@MN are they HOT!!! I love black on black...ish. And I finally got some carriage bolts and wing nuts to attach the fairing for my roof rack, now just some tabs for the lights, lift, unibody swap......oh man.....

3242PICT0012.JPG

Anybody know if you can powdercoat these centercaps???

hey andrew. i still have the exhaust on my car. sounded great with an EA82T and open downpipe, now I get to see how it sounds with an EJ22. soon. funny how parts get passed around here isn't it!

Chux, you NEED to wash that car! when it's dirty, and with those wheels, it looks too much like mine did! :lol: enjoy.

Yes, they are plastic, but they're some pretty heavy duty stuff, not your everyday, thin, flimsey crap. but I don't know how hot they cook 'em to do the powdercoating...

I saw some pug caps at moosens the other wknd. and if memory serves me they are plastic. If that is the case....then a big he%% no because they will never survive the oven.

Yes, they are plastic, but they're some pretty heavy duty stuff, not your everyday, thin, flimsey crap. but I don't know how hot they cook 'em to do the powdercoating...

no to powdercoating, but they will paint up nicely.

I sanded and filled in the lion with bondo on my old set of 15" pugs, then painted them to match my Brat. Archemitis has 'em now...