Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Best battery for Ea82T??

I just had to replace my battery and I put one in with 650CCA :headbang:

I could barely close my hood afterwards, but I need it to last a while, and it was only $10 more than a standard one.

I got an Energizer (regular one) from PepBoys. - Come with a nice warrenty and all. My last battery was 7+ years old, and it died about the time my alternator did. (I think my bad alt. probably killed it - it boiled acid all over everything :eek: )

I lowered it gently the first time to make sure it would clear (I have about 3/4 inch because of the way the hood slopes - but I was worried for a second) - and I removed the plastic spacer that had been used for countless previous batteries.

I am at my dorm and my car is at home - I can get you the model, etc. for my battery when I go home on Thursday/Friday if you want it.

It never gets below 10 degrees Farenheit here, so something EXTREMELY rugged is not necessary.

I think the one I used was for the EA82T, but I have SPFI.

Optima Red Tops are nice, if you can afford one :)

Here's one that the old timers may remember. I use Willard batteries whenever I have to buy a new one. They work GREAT. I NEVER have a problem. I only know of one place to get them though. For the guys in PA there is a Willard outlet in Selinsgrove near the mall. It's a small place right off of rt 11 if I remember it is across the road from a pontiac/gmc dealer (it is on the same side as the Toyota dealer) Not right on rt 11 though. On a side street. (Man, It's been AT LEAST 5 years since I have been out there) Anyway, If you can get your hands on one I HIGHLY recommend them. Boz