Ultimate Subaru Message Board

impreza A bar!!!

Ratty2Austin

Looks Good Austin.....But how Does that do for killing aproach angle.....:(

Got a Skid Plate under it yet so you can skip/muscle it over things... :D

Yes Definately needs Some LOUD PAINT...... :eek:

John

I mounted it as close as I could, so that it doesnt kill the approach, but it actually saves the bumper! I would like ti find some beefy metal to bolt to the bottom of it, as a skid plate now... got any leads on metal?

I was thinking about boeing surplus... they have both titainum, and misc forms of "diamond plate" sheets for pretty cheap usually..

also the paint thing.. dont worry.. I will work on that soon :brow:

DON'T USE DIAMOND PLATE......

it acts like a Big drag.....think of each and every one of those diamonds as a little finger reaching out to grab the mud and goo......

What ever you use, go smooth.....:)

my recomendation is 12 or 14 gauge steel .....it is Light and Will be pretty bullet proof where you are putting it....

Does the A-bar you have on have any of the underside cross bracing in it still....?? If not you will want some, otherwise you will have the skid stuffed up to your oil pan on the first good rock or dirt mund you hit with it......

Later, John

What did you bolt to under there?

I've got the same car and have always wanted to do something like that, along with a lift.. .but that'st his summer. I'm going to throw on some scorpion springs in her when i get a few extra bucks.

What did you bolt to under there?

I've got the same car and have always wanted to do something like that, along with a lift.. .but that'st his summer. I'm going to throw on some scorpion springs in her when i get a few extra bucks.

I actually chopped up the origional mounts on the A bar, then re-welded them to the bar at a different spot.. the rear mount is using the swaybar inner bolts (attached to the X member)

and the front mounts are using 12x1.25 bolts with captive nuts I attached to little extensions on the sides of the A bar, wich screw thru the tow hooks using big washers to keep it all in there.