Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Got a new Soob!! Here's my "G55" :)...got a better pic now

well i have it, officially. my new toy...

1987 turbo coupe and its a G55. technically not an RX.

this car was a one owner,the owner did marketing for subaru in the 80's. 159k on the clock and everything works!

its has full time d/r diff lock RX tranny, rear LSD. black front & rear spoilers, RX suspension, yadda yadda.. so from all the research this car (in this particular trim package), it is more rare than an RX of the same year...i guess it was for people who wanted an RX but not a white car.?

its dark and raining out so here's a little teaser untill i take some nice pics in the sun:grin:

feels like i have "evil" and "good" coupes

4012005_0521Image0008.JPG

see 2nd page for new pic, just to be kind to the 56k guys

well im most likely going to be selling my coupe in a couple months to a buddy of mine, my new coupe will be my daily driver and im not going to mess with it too much:lol:

and my wagon will be my garage queen for the next year as it will be getting a full "overhaul" done do it to make it more "show":rolleyes:

that's easily one of the best looking (individual) subarus ever.

i've seen one or two of those in spokane with only the front spoiler.. one red one turned up at the junkyard a while back and i pulled an LSD out of it as well as the spoiler i traded to richierich. i had seen it for sale with a blown motor, for like $1200 or so, before that.. none looked as nice as that one though.

Nice score, I have one the same color.

I'm not sure about the "more rare" thing, I've heard people say that but I think it's just a way to justify a non RX as being good (which they are of course) But the fact is, I've heard that subaru cannot (I don't know if this is true) supply production numbers of different models, just the total number of coupes made. I've seen quite a few of both and I've owned 3 of each (coupes), if that is any indication they would be equally as rare. The AWD Turbo coupes were made for the first half of '87 until the mid year release of the RX, I'm pretty sure that production did not overlap (much) the sedans were the same way in '87, remember Donny's? It was a '87 AWD but didn't have the white package. Regardless, this is the best early soob to own (RX or T-Coupe) because of the options package, everything you need and nothing you don't...

well i have it, officially. my new toy...

1987 turbo coupe and its a G55. technically not an RX.

this car was a one owner,the owner did marketing for subaru in the 80's. 159k on the clock and everything works!

its has full time d/r diff lock RX tranny, rear LSD. black front & rear spoilers, RX suspension, yadda yadda.. so from all the research this car (in this particular trim package), it is more rare than an RX of the same year...i guess it was for people who wanted an RX but not a white car.?

its dark and raining out so here's a little teaser untill i take some nice pics in the sun:grin:

feels like i have "evil" and "good" coupes

4012005_0521Image0008.JPG

see 2nd page for new pic, just to be kind to the 56k guys