Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WRX Intercooler Installed!

:) Well I finally got around to installing my WRX TMIC w/HKS SSQV, I went down to home depot and fabricated up some high temp ABS plastic piping to make it all work, the end result is nice, much faster on the highway now and lots of low end in cool weather :) I even modified one of my washer nozzels to spray water down onto the fins :)

Let me know what ya think :

100_0972.JPG

100_0973.JPG

100_0975.JPG

Looks real good. That pipe looks familiar. Looks like some rubber hoses I picked up at Home Depot for my Intercooler install:

DSC00414.sized.jpg

DSC00420.sized.jpg

I only ran with that setup for a couple days. Under boost I could feel the hoses expand, and it was getting pretty ugly. I ordered 2.38" mandrel bends and setup alittle something like this:

DSC00445.sized.jpg

Alittle paint and replaced the duct tape with some weld:

DSC00459.sized.jpg

Ive noticed a difference even without a scoop to supply fresh air. Ive thought about setting up a water nozel but want to get more airflow through there first.

-Brian

Yeah its not easy cleaning up old cars and making them shine, I've put in some serious time and effort to make mine so clean, when I had the engine out I pressure washed the entire engine bay and scrubbed it, to maintain it I wash the engine bay every month. I just got done Cut and Buffing all the scratches out from WCSS7 and she's really shining now, I hand waxed the whole car too, just today I've gotten 3 offers from people wanting to buy it, LOL :)

I have more plans for the turbo setup, I still havent gotten my TD04 installed yet so I'm waiting until then to finalize the intercooler piping and mounting, I will be doing the hood scoop very soon tho.

I'll post some more pics tonight of what the car looks like now after the Buffing and waxing, its shining like a new car now :)

That looks pretty clean! It is hard keeping these older cars clean, its even harder when they are offroaders.

This is mine all cleaned up...

30447238-M.jpg

I'll try and find a pic of the engine bay... that is truly the clean part i'm proud of. Unfortunately after spending weeks and weeks cleaning for various shows, after they were done I went offroading last weekend. So its dirty again!!! oi