Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Let me clarify - your Legacy GT model, basically a badge engineered Legacy with +1 wheels at the time, did not sell well.

Thats not true. The GT gained popularity seeing as how they were more than just wheels. There was this thing called the 2.5L engine that debuted in 1996 and had considerable hp and torque over the 2.2L in your standard Legacy. I have leather seats, steering wheel & shift knob, fake wood grain, cd changer, hood scoop, painted skirts, moonroof, etc. Not available in your Legacy L or LS.

The 3rd generation GTs did not sell well, becaue they did not offer much that your base Legacy didnt have already have. Should have offered multiple engine choices on that one.

produce modern diesel engines that can run B100

Maybe throw in some hybrid technology

Develop national biodiesel production standards and refineries

That is the future. A carbon-neutral fuel, and an already clean, efficient engine made cleaner and more efficient with hybrid technology, that is my dream.

Just my 2¢

produce modern diesel engines that can run B100

Maybe throw in some hybrid technology

Develop national biodiesel production standards and refineries

That is the future. A carbon-neutral fuel, and an already clean, efficient engine made cleaner and more efficient with hybrid technology, that is my dream.

Just my 2¢

Its a good dream.

Imagine how nice sidewalk cafes would be.

Subaru has two AWD systems. The VTD system used on the 6's and turbos is well proven. A lot of manufacturers are moving away from Haldex for various reasons and they offer no performance advantage over even the basic AWD system in use on 4 cyl Subarus.

Does anyone have a copy of the volvo vs outback up a snow covered hill video?

The outback smoked it up the hill.

If you spend any time reading the Volvo boards you will see how well the Haldex system performs. Most will tell you to stay away unless you are under warranty. Volvo’s were are nice cars until you need to drop 6k for a new tranny or the dreaded $1500 drive by wire throttle goes out.

Pound for pound there is still no caparison for Subaru’s in the AWD wagon market.

Does anyone have a copy of the volvo vs outback up a snow covered hill video?

The outback smoked it up the hill.

If you spend any time reading the Volvo boards you will see how well the Haldex system performs. Most will tell you to stay away unless you are under warranty. Volvo’s were are nice cars until you need to drop 6k for a new tranny or the dreaded $1500 drive by wire throttle goes out.

Pound for pound there is still no caparison for Subaru’s in the AWD wagon market.

I really, REALLY enjoy my 05 XT OBW. just wanted to say that again for the gazillionth time. I don't know what I'm gonna buy next, but I'm sure I wont be over the subie for a few years , but I'm sure not gonna be a buying a lexus or volvo.

After exploring the Lexus website, I discovered that they are actually quite the threat to the Subaru buyer who can afford a pricy luxury vehicle. Model by model, Lexus is outfitting their cars with hybrid technology and All Wheel Drive. That makes them quite attractive to me and in 6 years when Im up for a new car, Id now consider a pre owned Lexus hybrid.

As I have stated in previous threads, Subaru needs to get their act together, and a good start would be minimzing the number of turbos. The cost of a turbo is very unatractive to me and who can afford $3.00 a gallon at 19 mpg. It sucks.

except lexus has an ugly little oil sludge isssue in some of their engines.

i'ld atke chance of HG over a blown engine any day :)

nipper

except lexus has an ugly little oil sludge isssue in some of their engines.

i'ld atke chance of HG over a blown engine any day :)

nipper

My mom actually got a letter about that in '01 about her '99 RX300. She was pissed, but didnt speak up. However, apparently others did and Lexus sent another letter saying that they would take care of it if it happens and that they didnt mean to be jerks. She never developed an oil gelling problem, but she did have a nasty oil leak. She called Lexus and complained and they agreed to pay for half. Can you believe it? I am still way impressed, seeing as how SOA told me to screw myself when I complained about my speedo being deffective and that I knew that I wasnt the only one. While I understand youre paying more for a Lexus, their treament ensure return buyers, and SOAs treatment has convinced me that another brand might be better for my next vehicle. This after being a Subaru loyalist and owning multiple Ru's at a time.

My mom actually got a letter about that in '01 about her '99 RX300. She was pissed, but didnt speak up. However, apparently others did and Lexus sent another letter saying that they would take care of it if it happens and that they didnt mean to be jerks. She never developed an oil gelling problem, but she did have a nasty oil leak. She called Lexus and complained and they agreed to pay for half. Can you believe it? I am still way impressed, seeing as how SOA told me to screw myself when I complained about my speedo being deffective and that I knew that I wasnt the only one. While I understand youre paying more for a Lexus, their treament ensure return buyers, and SOAs treatment has convinced me that another brand might be better for my next vehicle. This after being a Subaru loyalist and owning multiple Ru's at a time.

Thats ok. Chysler Sebrings have a HUGE problem with oil gelling. Chrysler is so bad at handling it, they dont even admit to making the car. i guess that just follows the neon HG issues (almost all of them). Toyota just got sued over it.

nipper

Toyota just got sued over it.

nipper

Didn't I read Toyota recently anounced a major recall campagne? Seems like it involved tens of thousands of vehicles or more. It happens to the best of em.

Just my 2 cents.

Oh and if my budget allowed it, I would be thrilled to own a Lexus, however, it does not. so I am just as happy to have Subaru, lousy service from SOA and all. This just means I have to work a little harder(which I have done) at getting the car repaired, and perhaps a little more maintenance exspense.

Thats ok. Chysler Sebrings have a HUGE problem with oil gelling. Chrysler is so bad at handling it, they dont even admit to making the car. i guess that just follows the neon HG issues (almost all of them). Toyota just got sued over it.

nipper

Haha, wow.

...no, there's no such thing as a '96 Sebring....you must be thinking of Ford....ioclonist.gif