Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SubieSport Magazine

Hi Guys,

Just renewed my subscription to SubieImprezzaSport Magazine, LOL.

I was hoping for a little more WCSS7 coverage. In this issue, there's a nice full-page red Brat in the front and then just one more page with 5 pictures (3 of them Imps), and a few words. Maybe timeframe was too short and there will be more in a folllowing issue.

Still good reading. r/PK

theres enough of us!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but for every GL owner there are 50 WRX owners, and SubieSport is having a hard time with those numbers.

Tell you what though, if you can get everyone in the old school forum to buy a subscription, that might give me enough money to get a first issue together, but the biggest issue is to get advertisers, were too old for SOA, Rallitek dosn't make many parts for us, which leaves us with..... yeah.

I'd be more than happy to start a magazine for the old school croud, it would certainly be a dream come true combining my two passions, but we don't have the numbers for it.

it would certainly be a dream come true combining my two passions, but we

don't have the numbers for it.

Didn't reallize there was a magazine... I will have to check it out...but not interested in the new stuff.

Hmmmm.... could there be another possibility with this other then regular magazine? How about contacting the magazine and have them do a Bi-annual attachment for the old Subee's, ... possible?

Target advertisers of lift kits, bolt ons etc.... motor sales, parts places etc... have the advertizing absorb cost? and attach (two in a sack) ship in that manner? I would love too see something in print, ideas etc... get tired of the red neck Chevy magazine.... oh which brings up an issue...

Notice how in those magazine it is cost is no limit... in majority of what we do (old Subies) is cheapest wins... ergo... a standard magazine wont work.... but I find cheap is funner and sometimes better.

Just a thought...

I dont think im renewing my subscription. I was also stoked to see the full page ad with McBrat's brat... advertising the WCSS on page 28... which was a typo and should have been page 18. Funny how a weekend even FULL of subaru enthusiasts and hundreds upon hundreds of different subarus only gets 1 page with some pretty lame coverage... but a drift even with only 1 RWD WRX gets like 6 pages.

Sorry, just isnt my type of magazine i guess.

-Brian

Some picky people here. Some people are never satisfied. The latest issue has an old school Subaru brat picture of it rallying on the very first page you turn to. You aren't going to see that in any other magazines (or very few).

There's a pic of a brat on the 1st page you turn to, a brat and an old school wagon with all 4 wheels in the air on page 18, an advertisement with a brat opposite to an STi on page 70, etc. It brings attention to the older Subarus.

Ah nevermind, I'm happy to even be reading a Subaru magazine period. Everyone can learn something from the mags. Besides, lets not forget their rally project they are doing on the 70's Subaru.

No need to subscribe. Just purchase the issue you are interested in.

Craig I believe this was the last issue in the 1st subscription year... you will most likely get the next issue as your 1st month's.

This is the last issue in my subscription. ive got the envelope to renew and I think i will end up doing it. Just cant pass up a magazine dedicated 100% to subaru.

-Brian

I signed up for a subscription at WCSS7 but I have not received a copy yet, do I need to start calling them and start saying "where my mag"

thats fine they never sent me the first issue, no matter how many times I called to get them to resend it, or to get an extra mag.

Hi Guys,

Just renewed my subscription to SubieImprezzaSport Magazine, LOL.

I was hoping for a little more WCSS7 coverage. In this issue, there's a nice full-page red Brat in the front and then just one more page with 5 pictures (3 of them Imps), and a few words. Maybe timeframe was too short and there will be more in a folllowing issue.

Still good reading. r/PK

That makes me a little sad, but whatever. What can I do? :confused: Next year we'll just have to be more specific when we bargain with them for coverage.

SubieImprezzaSport
LOL

Guest Vickaroo
Congrats to Mick (McBrat) for getting a full page picture of his Brat flinging mud on page 3! Theres a pretty damn happy passenger aboard too.

Yelp we knew it was you Shawn!!!! Id know that grin anywhere... :lol: That was a really cool pic of Mick,his brat, and of course YOU!!!! Vicky

anyone have a copy of the april issue with the write up on the 97 outback that i can buy off them?

alan

I have it if you want it. I am only looking for shipping costs. It is in perfect condition. $5 shipped to you if you want it. PM me if you're interested.

Some picky people here. Some people are never satisfied. The latest issue has an old school Subaru brat picture of it rallying on the very first page you turn to. You aren't going to see that in any other magazines (or very few).

There's a pic of a brat on the 1st page you turn to, a brat and an old school wagon with all 4 wheels in the air on page 18, an advertisement with a brat opposite to an STi on page 70, etc. It brings attention to the older Subarus.

Ah nevermind, I'm happy to even be reading a Subaru magazine period. Everyone can learn something from the mags. Besides, lets not forget their rally project they are doing on the 70's Subaru.

No need to subscribe. Just purchase the issue you are interested in.

This is exactly how I feel. Besides if no one contacts them about "old school" events they will never know where/when to shoot some old stuff.

I think Subysport is doing a great job, I renewed my subscription.

i asked a few times if they wanted to at least take a look at my rx.. after all it is sorta not like the others

i got the yeah well get to it kinda responce but .. not pics and not even a question as to why they should take a picture

i at least expected a "whats diffrent about your suby that we might want to take a picture of"? kinda question

after all

all the wiring under the hood and that little old laptop on the passengers seat showing everything that motor is doing in a old 85 rx .. well thats pretty dam common :)

must have been my long hair :) hehehe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just an observation, on the "old school" subaru brat t-shirt, take a look at the hood ornament. its the post 1990 design. Just putting that out there, I did get my second year subscription, not gonna let a little hood ornament stop me.

haha good call man, i noticed that as well, but i'm like you, i notice and go "hey!" but still buy the tshirt ;)

hehe, its good to notice stuff like that!!! all about attention to detail :)

I doubt I'm going to renew my subscription. There isn't much of anything in it besides what you can get from Drive Mag and the content is rather lacking in anything technical. The first couple issues looked promising but since then it seems you can't turn a page without seeing a stinking Impreza riced out. I sent them a nice letter inviting them to attend the 5th annual SVX meet in Reading PA (which draws about 100 SVXers a year). Even offered them an SVX to drive for the weekend. Didn't hear a word back but they "edited" my letter and posted it in their feedback.

Of course I didn't expect them to come since they're new and prefer the west coast but it was a shot. You'd figure they'd at least send a nice letter back with some stickers and subscription forms to put out for them. Heck, I know that if they showed up their plane ticket and hotel room would've been paid for by subscriptions from the group.

Why don't they have a Subie mag for the 80s models? (eg Brumby (Brat) , DL, GL, Leone (Royale), etc.) I would get that for sure!

And as NuclearBacon said, there's enough of us to start one...

If everyone got a subscription (although that would be difficlut for me over here in Down Under)...

Somebody could start a magazine...

But I wouldn't be included, though. I'm not an American and I don't live there. But it would be very cool if you guys got one going! :D

I was kind of pissed about the positioning of photos and adds in the subiesport edition. The one I got said go to page 28 (this is on the second page with the bad rump roast brat) for coverage of the WCSS7 go to page 28 wrong page its page 18. I placed a Half page add for $850 for lift kits and accessories and they placed it way in the back about a 100 pages away from the pictures of lifted subarus.... Oh well, maybee they will give me some justice with the next to adds I am commited to purchase...