Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SJR Ultimate offroader project

Scott in Bellingham

So where you planning to put the radiator? I have thought about cutting the front and rear off a wagon because the radiator is the only thing in the way. from what i can see..

Why only 27" tires? I run 27" mudders on my 2" lifted Brat. 6" should get 29"s on there, or are you worried about low range being to high. Alwasys a problem...

• 3 weeks later...

ok, if and or when this happens i want to see where your welds lay. i want good pics of how close the front and rear line up, and how many beads of weld(or how much overlaping) you need to make it all solid. the roll bar looks like it will be the majority of the structural integrity.

the next pic we see better be of a cut up subaru, or im just gonna stop looking at this post.

every project i have ever tackled was completed, or scraped within 1 month of the initial idea/post...

get to it!

ok, if and or when this happens i want to see where your welds lay. i want good pics of how close the front and rear line up, and how many beads of weld(or how much overlaping) you need to make it all solid. the roll bar looks like it will be the majority of the structural integrity.

the next pic we see better be of a cut up subaru, or im just gonna stop looking at this post.

every project i have ever tackled was completed, or scraped within 1 month of the initial idea/post...

get to it!

attachment.php?attachmentid=3021&stc=1

Heres one of my last uniboby transfermations SJR

post-9463-136027603984_thumb.jpg

We don't care about that hack job 2WD Metro.

Bring on the shortend wheel base 4WD Subaru.

Geez, you guys are rough on the man.

I can just see Scott losing days worth of sleep over that. lol

attachment.php?attachmentid=3021&stc=1

Heres one of my last uniboby transfermations SJR

that roll cage would do more damage than good... did you guys ever see that monster garage with the girls building stuff? jesse came up and ripped their whole roll cage out, because it would do more harm than good, in a roll over... well im not saying you build stuff like a girl, but it is a geo...

looks unsafe and very ghetto

and its not a shortened wheel base. i was welding seats into my hatch this morning, and i remember just how thin unibodies are.

this thread realy doenst deserve any more of my time with stuff like that

, but it is a geo...

and its not a shortened wheel base.

this thread realy doenst deserve any more of my time with stuff like that

been shortened 6" under stock.

also angled up at joint to produce more clearance .

we really had a lot of fun with this one, took it to the sand dunes , went better in reverse on steep hills, I eventully put a top on it , finished the front and put alum sheet over the door holes and drove it on the road,