Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SJR Ultimate offroader project

Scott in Bellingham

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
anyone in my area that wants to work on this project maybe weekly or whatever, Im not makin much progress,

:grin::eek: :-p :grin::banana::brow: :cool: :-\ :eek:

if you can help me out with a little bit with a bus ticket, or preferably train ticket, I'd love to come up for a weekend if you have a place I can pitch a tent or set up a a cot or something.

Hell yeah get a few guys together make a weekend of it. i could be down for that. maybe if we got an idea of what he wants done that would help.

if you can help me out with a little bit with a bus ticket, or preferably train ticket, I'd love to come up for a weekend if you have a place I can pitch a tent or set up a a cot or something.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Man, that is looking VERY good scott!! :clap::clap::clap: I'd be very interested in hearing more about the VW jetta diesel, what year doner did you use and how about some pics under the hood :banana:I'm really curious how much fabbing it takes to put one in, and how do-able would that be with a ea81 car, namly a brat :burnout:

• 2 weeks later...

picture-97.jpg

Specs on the car

Turbo EA82

stock turbo 5-speed no D/R

stock Bronco2 4 speed with transfercase with hi and low

soobbie 3.9 rear diffs front and rear

30x9.50 Hankook M/T

white (trailer) 6 bolt rims redrilled

8,000 Ramsey winch

towbar

locked (welded) rear diff, open front

9" lift, soon to have 10" in front

lots of fun

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So you mated a ford trans/transfer to the back of your Sub trans? I would love to have that in my buggy....does anyone know of anyone mating anything other than a VW trans to a Sub engine? Thanks in advance....

made a small driveshaft, added a bearing to the front of the ford tranny,it takes up all the length of the stock driveline ,

lots of gears, hardly ever use the lowest gears but its there when needed, I would go with the Nissan 720 transfercase and 4.11 diffs and a EJ 2.2 will be plenty low enuff gearing and good power , and simple

• 1 month later...