Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Leone is back. Check out pics!

Yep got some higher quality photos, I'll put them in my gallery. Paint is good aye? its 2005 wrx blue.

Engine is a EA82 Turbo with a little work done. Running 10 psi with intercooler, oil cooler, 3 core radiator, custom extractors, removed power steering and air con, modified turbo for less lag (hits at about 2500rpm but flatens at about 6000rpm), external wastegate, 3" exhaust with no cat and high flow 3" exhaust, twin trumpet blow off value, K&N cone filter. Should have around 170hp, seems to be about as fast as other cars around this hp. But have beaten many 300hp + cars!

Hoping to fit a Legacy rear Viscous LSD I have, but just doing some research to see if its possible. Current running two single spinner diffs, rank! not much good in a drift!

Yep got some higher quality photos, I'll put them in my gallery. Paint is good aye? its 2005 wrx blue.

Engine is a EA82 Turbo with a little work done. Running 10 psi with intercooler, oil cooler, 3 core radiator, custom extractors, removed power steering and air con, modified turbo for less lag (hits at about 2500rpm but flatens at about 6000rpm), external wastegate, 3" exhaust with no cat and high flow 3" exhaust, twin trumpet blow off value, K&N cone filter. Should have around 170hp, seems to be about as fast as other cars around this hp. But have beaten many 300hp + cars!

Hoping to fit a Legacy rear Viscous LSD I have, but just doing some research to see if its possible. Current running two single spinner diffs, rank! not much good in a drift!

if you're talking about the rear diff swap, a 3.90 VLSD from a 91-92 Turbo Legacy will bolt right in. it's stub axles are held in with a c-clip, instead of the bolts that the EA diffs use.

Finding good suspension, gearboxes and diffs seems to be the problem with these old girls.

I have a 5 speed box with hi/lo and fwd. Currently single spinner diffs front and back.

Front suspension is standard Leone 1983 wagon suspension and back suspension is L series read shock absorber with no spring.

Abit rough but works OK?

Any better ideas for suspension?

If you want stiffer springs in front, you can track down EA81T front springs and anti-roll bar. They are slightly lower (Not by much) and stiffer (Again, not by much).

If you are interested in the ea81t stuff, a wrecker in cromwell had an ea81t wagon very recently. I can give you the number if you are interested.

The suspension is custom made Bilstien coil overs. The front strut tubes are made from Chromoly. We use 250lb/in springs in the front, and 200 lb/in spring in the back. In the front we get about 7 inches of travel, and about 6.5 in the rear. You can play around with the spring rates and lengths very easily, as they use standard 2.5" coil over springs.

All in all..it runs somewhere about $1750 USD for a full setup. However, for us..it's all worth it

The suspension is custom made Bilstien coil overs. The front strut tubes are made from Chromoly. We use 250lb/in springs in the front, and 200 lb/in spring in the back. In the front we get about 7 inches of travel, and about 6.5 in the rear. You can play around with the spring rates and lengths very easily, as they use standard 2.5" coil over springs.

All in all..it runs somewhere about $1750 USD for a full setup. However, for us..it's all worth it

i wonder if that could be made in an economy form, not quite as highly refined, but still better thant the stock parts.