Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I live in Wyoming... We had snow the first weekend of JUNE! and our first snow of the "winter" was the last weekend of September (Well, Sunday Sept 30th and Monday Oct 1st...) but oddly enough it hasn't snowed since, and oddly enough the forecast doesn't include any... Hrmm.. (Doesnt' mean it's not colder than %*%*$ here though!!!)

*edit* I'm a dumb %*%*$, that weekend it snowed was the first weekend of OCTOBER (that Monday was the 4th) chroist I can be a moron sometimes...

I live in Wyoming... We had snow the first weekend of JUNE! and our first snow of the "winter" was the last weekend of September (Well, Sunday Sept 30th and Monday Oct 1st...) but oddly enough it hasn't snowed since, and oddly enough the forecast doesn't include any... Hrmm.. (Doesnt' mean it's not colder than %*%*$ here though!!!)

Yeah, I know. I camped overnight in Vedavoo in January once. Laramie reported 9 degrees that night, and 25mph winds. Don't know what possessed us. We had 14" of snow here (in the mountains at my house, not down in town) two weekends ago, but I was back in DC where it just poured the whole time and I missed it:banghead:

Mt Washington, NH is about to break the all time record for precipitation (rain or melted snow) in a month. The old record is 25.56, and they already have 24.41, most of it as snow.

Current conditions: 29 degrees, wind 70mph gusting to 84.

http://www.mountwashington.org/

Other garden spots I track:

Barrow, AK 29, snowing.

Jakutsk, Russia (Siberia) -9

Snow is forecast throughout New England tonight, from trace to 6" or so.

I live just northeast of Binghamton, NY. It is 3:20 pm. The snow began at about 2pm, and we have already accumulated 2 inches. It is wet, heavy, fluffy/slushy snow. I am sure there will be problems to come. My wife just called to let me know the power is out at home.

matt

I wish it was snowing here. I love snow, especially since I have an XT6 now.:brow:

:banana: :banana: Bannanas for the snow!:banana: :banana:

well, we have 8-10 inches of WET snow, that is very heavy. Trees and power lines down in Vermont and surrounding area. And these 'experienced' winter drivers are sliding off the roads all over the place!

I just need to move some trees, and snow, off the driveway to get out. And maybe put snow tires (studded Hakk1s) on the 97 OBW, about a MONTH earlier than I'd like. Even waited until Christmas one year!

You can come get some!!

(Not that I REALLY mind this in season - I grew up in New Orleans, not missing that weather much right now!!)

And these 'experienced' winter drivers are sliding off the roads all over the place!

Here in Colorado, the first snow of the year always creates an immense number of fender benders, and a few flipped SUV's. It seems everyone forgets how to drive in snow over the summer.... By March, everyone is pretty good at driving in the snow again.

I don't envy your heavy wet snow. I heard that hurricane Wilma got you guys up in the NE pretty good last night.