560cc injectors

WJM

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The injectors are stock USDM EVO 8~9 injectors.

Thank you, now I can go look for some. Are they the same impedence as stock?

On another note, Will, I appriciate all that you've done for the old school crew and hope that you will continue to blaze the trail to a HO, reliable old school engine. But when you make a game out of telling us what you've done to your car EVERY SINGLE TIME, it can rile people up as we've seen (two pages worth). Please don't take this the wrong way, I follow everything you do to your car and save all the dyno charts, etc, but when it takes until page three before anyone knows what your talking about, thats not nice, its just cruel! :lol: Again, keep up the good work!

I know you are prolly talking about me, because recently i've been bashing the EA motors, and jumped on the EJ20 bandwagon...

I'm just a little frustrated after blowing up 2 basically STOCK engines after 4 rallies. We've also blow up numerous engines in the years past in our race cars.

Honestly...i'd still like to build an EA to the tits...but at this time it's more cost effective for me to just go with an EJ motor.

Never the less...with the fuel rails...i'm not completely certin that the cylinders all get equal flow. And i think that a "parrallel fuel rail" mod would go a long way. I did something similar on my race car last year, and it worked really well!

If i remember correctly i think the stockers were like 185 ccs or something crazy like that...which actually makes sense...since those running at around 65-70 % duty cycle is somewhere around 115 HP...

I know you are prolly talking about me, because recently i've been bashing the EA motors, and jumped on the EJ20 bandwagon...

I'm just a little frustrated after blowing up 2 basically STOCK engines after 4 rallies. We've also blow up numerous engines in the years past in our race cars.

Honestly...i'd still like to build an EA to the tits...but at this time it's more cost effective for me to just go with an EJ motor.

Never the less...with the fuel rails...i'm not completely certin that the cylinders all get equal flow. And i think that a "parrallel fuel rail" mod would go a long way. I did something similar on my race car last year, and it worked really well!

If i remember correctly i think the stockers were like 185 ccs or something crazy like that...which actually makes sense...since those running at around 65-70 % duty cycle is somewhere around 115 HP...

The stock EA82-T Injectors are 210cc

I swapped some 185cc Nissan 200SX injectors in for awhile and I had to add tons of fuel in the maps just to make the engine run properly and even on the top end it was starving.

The Ea82T's are hungry engines when it comes to fuel.

Basically all Flat Engines require more fuel that V's or Inline's due to combustion effeciency and physics.

No, they ARE 185 CC at the fuel pressure on the rails on the EA82.

I am getting 100% DC at stock boost on my car...ofcourse, i ahve all kinds of more airflow with the header, DP, intake and intercooler.

Then how do you explain when I put some Nissan 185CC Injectors in that I had to add tons of fuel to the maps to make it run?

Then how do you explain when I put some Nissan 185CC Injectors in that I had to add tons of fuel to the maps to make it run?

i think that the nissan injectors that you nabs are 185cc at 45psi, where as the subaru injectors are 185cc at 36psi. thus when you plug them up to the subaru system, they flow less than normal cause they dont have the pressure required.

i think that the nissan injectors that you nabs are 185cc at 45psi, where as the subaru injectors are 185cc at 36psi. thus when you plug them up to the subaru system, they flow less than normal cause they dont have the pressure required.

Those flow 185@45. Ours flow 245@45. Those flow ~100@36. Ours flow 185@36.

What suby said.

HOT DANG, WILL!!! You just keep suprising me with newer and newer finds. That is why you are my Hero:) ! I wish I had the money to get injectors and half items that you have found. But it is kinda hard to do with a baby on the way. Not to mention being so darn far away from my Subarus. Don't worry, I'll have him or her turning wrenches on a Subaru in no time. Hopefully when I get back to the States, I can get back in the game. But while I'm over here floating aimlessly in the Pacific, have no doubt that you have my support 110%. Patrick

or just put EVO injectors in...or the stockers.

Which EVO injectors are you talking about? What Year? Last I checked the newer EVO's are top feed / newer rail style, not Barbbed Hose Style like the EA82's

I'm not going to put the stockers in because I allready have 450cc 280ZX Injectors on the way that are direct bolt in's to the factory fuel rail setup.

Which EVO injectors are you talking about? What Year? Last I checked the newer EVO's are top feed / newer rail style, not Barbbed Hose Style like the EA82's

I'm not going to put the stockers in because I allready have 450cc 280ZX Injectors on the way that are direct bolt in's to the factory fuel rail setup.

Read my post...it doesnt get any clearer than stock usdm evo 8~9.

I read your post several times and no where did it indicate EVO 8-9 USDM it just says EVO.

Maybe your referring to a totally different thread?

Look harder...... its in the one with the large text, right at the bottom.

PFFT LOL way to hide it, LMAO I had to actually look at it 10 more times, lol :)

small text, u tricky little devil.

Allthough I still dont think those will bolt right up without mods, and even then its iffy.

Plugs right up. Sits in the hole perfectly. Now, cut a peice of fuel hose, clamp it on the top of the injector, tehn slide on the fuel rail, leaving enough slack that when you bolt the fuel rain back down, it holds the injectors in place.

Re-tune.

Turn up boost.

Break stuff.

Fix stuff.

Break more stuff.

Repeat if desired, use only as directed.

Congrats Will! You bastid.... You decided to wait until my RX took a dump before you posted this info. You KNEW I was going to go after the higher dyno numbers and 1/4 mile times....didn'tya? :banghead:

Good find though! My RX is at the dealership. I'm going to get the parts off of it (TWE stuff, intercooler & pulley) and eventually get another someday that somebody here has taken good care of. Hopefully it'll be the non-maf hindered model. Damn, this is such good news.

Post some dyno or 1/4 mile results. This is great! :banana: