Ultimate Subaru Message Board

17" rims on my BRAT pics

Very very nice!:headbang: That is really cool! What type of scoop is that?

Well you will never gess :brow: have you ever owned a 80 camaro with a cowel hood :confused:

Its a 80 camaro cowel hood scoop with about 2' cut off of it and turned around then cut and droped in the back then refiberglassed all back together . it just seemed to fit the 80's style hood better then the round wrx scoop .

I`m seeing your Photo Gallery, and I got one Question:

From which car did the nice red Seats came from?

I wanna swap the Seats of one of my Wagons... (Well, if I can, I`ll like to Swap One of my Wagons for a Brat... :grin: ) ...And I Like the ones you have on your Brat. It looks so Nice. (the Whole Car)

The seats are new race seats im not sure what brand ? beacuse i got them from an a off shore suply company that gets random stuf from China , i think they were built for a nother company in the U.S with out the logo in the head rest , needless to say i got them cheep 600$ CA. for both :grin: but i cant get another set :-\ .

The console is hand built out of alu. with a " CUP HOLDER " its the best install ever :) it just screws down over the old plastic bottem .

Hay logan i missed last auto cross but i should be able to get to the next .

The seats are new race seats im not sure what brand ? beacuse i got them from an a off shore suply company that gets random stuf from China , i think they were built for a nother company in the U.S with out the logo in the head rest , needless to say i got them cheep 600$ CA. for both :grin: but i cant get another set :-\ .

The console is hand built out of alu. with a " CUP HOLDER " its the best install ever :) it just screws down over the old plastic bottem .

Hay logan i missed last auto cross but i should be able to get to the next .

nice last time was really fun.

so i hear you work with mat ridgeway, im good friends with him.

I do believe that is THE wheelsize to run on a brat. :slobber:

now drop the rear down to get rid of that rake.

ya thats the next thing to lower it ! but if i just put 100lb in the back like if someone sits in the back it sits level i will have to reposition the splines in the torson bars then jack it up with the ajuster bolt as needed , (the bolt is all the way down )

ya thats the next thing to lower it ! but if i just put 100lb in the back like if someone sits in the back it sits level i will have to reposition the splines in the torson bars then jack it up with the ajuster bolt as needed , (the bolt is all the way down )

maybe make some sweet coilovers, start browsing suspension stuff here

www.stockcarproducts.com

What parts exactly did you need off the XT6 to do the 5 lug conversion? just the disks/rotors, or was there more to it ?

The rear needs only the Backing plate hub and roter the calaper is the same and the CV axel is the same .

The front is just the compleet nuckle ( roter , CV axel, balljoint,tirod ends, nuckle calaper mount ) with some mods to the car to make it fit the EA81 car, i had to reem out the lower ball joint socket in the control arm to fit , cut and shorten the CV axel (inner cup is the large turbo type) and build a strut adapter to fit the cup and clamp type struts of the EA81 car .000_0046.JPG

Why didnt you just use the XT6 strut i read you only need to change the top to the ea81? is this rite?

A non air ride XT6 strut is harder to find then a subaru 360 in good shape around here :mad: that and i didnt want to lift the brat , the xt6 car and engine is a lot heavier then the brat ,

Im going to try to fit the WRX nuckle and strut next so i can get lowering springs and better shocks along with better brakes :grin:

What's it gonna take for you to build up my brat like that for me? :headbang: (If I was wealthy I would totally be throwing money at you!)

That's the sweetest street brat in N.America for certain. Great job, keep up the good work, and for the love of god - give me your car!