Ultimate Subaru Message Board

rwd is it hard on the transfr case

I thought about converting to rear wheel drive for like a month or something.. I want to know if this is gonna be hard on my diff.. cuz i really dont want to have to repair that.. for a little in the rain drifting fun. even though we have extras alot of extras at pull a part//// so will the rwd driving hurt my transfer case????:headbang:

I thought about converting to rear wheel drive for like a month or something.. I want to know if this is gonna be hard on my diff.. cuz i really dont want to have to repair that.. for a little in the rain drifting fun. even though we have extras alot of extras at pull a part//// so will the rwd driving hurt my transfer case????:headbang:

nope you wont hurt a thing.

nipper

I found the exact same thing - harder launches and extreme fun in the wet. I was running a 3.54 viscous LSD too - made things a lot more fun!

You also want to toe out the front wheels a bit, gives more stability in cornering for a RWD, as there is no turn-in on power.

I always do burnouts in high range. I've been able to hit second roasting both rears with 4.111, have yet to try with 3.900. I have a big stack of not so street legal tires I need to dispose of. Any race tracks having burnout contest in western WA? My ugly POS will shock em all!