Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Speaker Placement

SO here's one I have not seen before...and always seeem to struggle with.

For us EA81 people there is very limited places to put speakers.

What I'm looking for is pictures of placements of speakers. Where do you put em? What works best?

I have found a few places...but none look so great. I'll get some pics up soon.

It seems like whenever I use the door, it just shoots the sound down around my feet. I've got some nice 5 inches in the dash, a sub in the back, small tweets on the dash, and some more in the door ( that seem sort of useless )..

So post your pics. I'm curious.

Thanks-

Ryan B

Wow...thank you all for being neagative f's

It sounds good, and it's out of my way. So I'm happy.

I do beleive I asked what other people did, not for opinions on what I did.

I apologize for coming off negative. I was simply trying to provide criticism. If I had an EA81, I certainly would have shown you my setup.

in my wagon i put the front speakers on the floor boardin front of my front seat. there 3 speaker on each side there a 4in 2in and a small tweater it comes in a small box. in the back i have 2 6x9 in boxes. also i have a 10in sub in a box. when you put your sub boxface your sub to the back of the car not up not forward. i put my 6x9s on my sub box i will get pics for you if you want them and i have good sound and bass

later

dennis

the crank handle was a bit difficult....

i made a whole new door card out off 3mm plywood and trimmed it with some foam and vinyl, so this made the whole lot about 10mm thick at the widest bits. so the stock crank handles wouldnt fit

it is just a standard aftermarket chrome crank handle and they come with a bunch of different adapters

i joined the splined adapter that fit to one of the other adaptors (just drilled and tappes and bolted them together) to get the handle spaced out so they clear the rest of the door

ended up working and looking pretty good

http://soob.johnnysmultimedia.com

theres some more stuff on there if you want a look

I only have pics of the set up in my wagon. In that car, I used the stock speaker placement of the front and rear, just using better aftermarket speakers and a sub. This is good enough for me, but I'm also about to install a set of speakers in the front door panels. Also, I have to move the rear door speaker further forward so that I can fold my rear seat down, as it sits now I can't get the seat cushion to fold all the way forward.

18IMG_2137.jpg

I did the same thing in my hatch, upgraded speakers in the stock location with a sub, no pics though. Works for me.