Ultimate Subaru Message Board

finaly some real suspension for my wagon!!!

well i bit the bullet and droped some CA$H!!! on a full Tein Flex system with EDFC. although they ordered me the wrong EDFC so it is not installed yet.

here is what i have done so far.

tn_flex 001.jpg

here is the strut tower, i had to cut the holes different. the legacy top hats had the studs out about 1/2 inch futher apart

tn_flex 004.jpg

then i welded in some large washers.

tn_flex 005.jpg

fronts installed... fit right onto the 96 WRX front knuckle i am using

tn_flex 006.jpg

now for the rears. i had to modify the tops so they would bolt up in place of the GL struts. i also had to move them down like the BYB lift kit dose, so i could fit the EDFC motor on top of them. (this can be seen in the final install pic).

tn_flex 002.jpg

i used a bushing to go from the Legacy 14mm hole down to the GL 12mm hole.

tn_flex 008.jpg

final rear install pic

tn_flex 009.jpg

i have not gotten to drive it much, do to the fact that it was dark when i got done and time to go inside. but when i drove it around the block. it seems a little stiff. but i will see.

-=Suberdave=-

www.suberdave.com

SWEEEET!!!!

is that the same fitment that WJM was talking about?

I got to ride in an impreza with full tein flex in it today.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Really stiff, but handles amazing!

does that drop plate limit the travel at all? I would worry about having to lower the coilovers too much to compensate....or is there enough extra?

I'm UBER jealous, and as soon as I can scrape together the cash, will be doing the same.

and torxxx, that green is pretty much a tein trademark....I doubt they have any other color, but you could look.

is that the same fitment that WJM was talking about?[/Quote]

i think so but im not sure how he did it. he only did rears. but would not tell me how he did it. it tryed to pry it out of him but had no luck...

I wonder if they make those in a anodized blue?!?![/Quote]

you can order Teins in any color you want as long as you want green...

does that drop plate limit the travel at all? [/Quote]

the plate dose kill a bit of travle. the coilover is almost as low as it will go. but thats is what i had to do in order to make the EDFC motor fit, so that is just a risk i was willing to take...

-=Suberdave=-

http://www.suberdave.com

What is EDFC?

EDFC (Electronic Damping Force Controller) makes it possible for the driver to control the damping force by controlling a motor installed in the shock absorber while being seated in the driver's seat. Since the damping force can be manually controlled with ease to meet different situations, the driver can enjoy variations in the suspension setting.

-=Suberdave=-

EDFC (Electronic Damping Force Controller) makes it possible for the driver to control the damping force by controlling a motor installed in the shock absorber while being seated in the driver's seat. Since the damping force can be manually controlled with ease to meet different situations, the driver can enjoy variations in the suspension setting.

-=Suberdave=-

www.suberdave.com

Sweet!

so, what application did you get them for? all 4 for a early what, '01-'05 legacy?

close. but they are for an 05+ legacy. i beleave the fronts are about the same as late model WRX or STI. but the rear are much different and have that nice little eyelet at the bottom just like an EA82...

-=Suberdave=-

Interesting. Looks great man!

So it would appear that if a brother wanted to use the 05+ leg type struts without the EDFC, one could do so with minimal modifications. Simply a bushing insert.

*gears are turning*

and a little bracket to make room for the EDFC motor at the top.

Dave, I want to know how you like them!

car seems to drive awesome with the new struts. i have not gotten it out on the highway yet, i just got brand new tires and dont want to screw them up. i will be doing an alignment tomorrow. then i will get this thing out on some twistys.

i will also get some pics tomorrow when its light out.

-=Suberdave=-

after changin my pants a couple of times i have the confidence to say this is amazing Suberdave, officially u are my hero for forging ahead and showing us the way. I look forward to how they handle/work as I am looking for some coilovers this winter season. By the way, what tire size are you now running (?/?/?)?

I look forward to how they handle/work. By the way, what tire size are you now running (?/?/?)?

they handle amazing. a little bumpy but not half as bad as the Ebay coilovers i had O-So-Long-Ago. handles like i have a Subaru train, on rails i say.

the only down side is i could not lower the rear as much as i would like. due to the fact that i had to lower the strut top to fit the EDFC motor.

here are a few pics. its a bit dirty but O-well...

tn_flex 010.jpg

tn_flex 012.jpg

tn_flex 013.jpg

and the tires are 205/40/17's

-=Suberdave=-

www.suberdave.com