Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I wrecked the Sube.

After a year and a half of work... one jerk in an old stinky exhausting camaro decides to pinch me between a slow car in the right lane, and his retarded dominace of the passing lane on the freeway. He kept going after a quick nudge sent my car into the guard rail. It was a brown camaro, with my white paint on its right side maine plates, driver had dark hair, male (We got close enough - I could see he was clean shaven in the dim dash lights). As of now, there doesn't seem to be much concern to catch this nut in the camaro by state police. Bizarre. :mad:

I am pretty sure this is totalled. :banghead:

subeaccidentic3.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's a real bummer to have something like this happen after all the work, glad to hear your okay...

if you would really like to, you could cut the front clip off and weld a new one in, guess the frame rails and such are still intact, but I guess finding a new suub is way easier

I had an epiphany. If the car was climbed up on as quick as it was from my point of view and the nut in the camaro... it may explain.I had cars just behind me, we all were in a similar momentum around the speed limit. The honda must have been going super slow- no hazards on.The honda did have a flat tire (honda was on my right). How does a dentless paint brushing from my car to hers cause a flat? Is somebody LYING? I think she was going to slow for the highway.... add to this it was on a corner you just can't see all of.

The mystery thickens. I did the best I could. Paint squeezed off on two cars with me in the middle no dents. It was so close, my drivers mirror went forward to the speed of fast camaro going by me, and my passenger mirror went backward to the speed of me going by the honda. Tighter than a mouse fart! The guy on the left doing 70 and one on the right going if half that. Rear ending the slow one would have been a pile up and at a minumum somebody getting wounded. Sacrificed the old sube . My car is a hero that selflessly died to save its fellow citizens! I deserve a new one ! Wheres my lawyer?! :rolleyes:

Sadly, one-tenth of that damage would cause most insurance companies to "total" your car. 3 yrs ago, our 87 Turbo-wagon, got the tops of its fenders creased and its hood damaged. "Total"ed... and insurance settled for around $850 on a rust-free good condition vehicle.

I am sorry for your loss.

this photo is right next to passenger cylinder head. I am not going to tackle it. I was informed of an 86gl today real cheap til this gets figured. I was jostled no doubt, as facts were coming to me all day.... 17 years of driving, I have never encountered this impossible scenario- the only cause is getting cutoff, nowhere to go. My insurance company has a "blame yourself" mentality apparently, until proven otherwise. the slow honda that drove me to sudden defensive action had a left rear flat tire. The reason for it going so slow? I know I didn't cause it. I hope this isn't a case of lies and fleeing the scene of an accident all at my expense. The jerk in the camaro knew I needed another lane fast, did nothing to get out of the way, then sped off, never stopped. there is 2 wrongdoings, and I am stuck in the middle with a wrecked car (pun intended).

accident7qj1.jpg

This crease is like the other side, bent the whole front end, and engine crossmember is sitting out of level. I will not be fixing it. As subaru_dude said, the stuff I did (most of it) is easily trnasferable to another old sube, but no doubt rusted all to heck in comparison. Sad day for me, thanks for support :confused:

If you do get that 86 GL, at least you'll have a good working SPFI setup for it, and convert that old carb'd one to SPFI.

True. The person who explained it to me says it has buglights like loyale. It must be spfi already? Will check up on it soon.:)

I am putting the 2wd engine in a crate, fuel pump etc if what I want happens. Believe it or not, I am sensing tension from the landowner where I am living.. before this is even resolved. Coincidentally the same way I lost a dl that needed welding. I am real lucky. :confused: I hope there is no problems with sawzalls and an engine in the driveway in a matter of hours :lol:

91loyale: I was no doubt pushed hard on the front. I am assuming a drunk or other mind altering weirdness with the driver. I absolutely had to use the left lane, he must have been out of mind. In slow motion I looked right at him as the inches were closing in. Bizarre. Check photo at bottom of this page

http://93loyale.com/accident.html

It shows the beginning of the push that sent me. No matter what the biased police officer thinks, it was a hit and run, fleeing the scene of an accident, and driving to endanger, although, the little honda was going so freakishly slow, legally too slow for highway?, that driver could be in trouble. I am finding it way out to lunch that the officer ignored what I was saying and he even made a wise rump roast remark after mentioning the camaro: "Well he's gone now, we won't find him." Lets all give a big round of applause for trooper Daniel Ryan of troop E maine state police. He wouldn't know integrity if he got sideswiped by a drunk guy in camaro avoiding an old lady doing 35 on the interstate if he had it recorded himself on his video cam. Maybe if I mentioned I was a disabled veteran, with my disgusting facial hair and all, he would have listened. Repulsive. Truth prevails one way or another, and I'd love to witness it happen out loud anytime soon.

True. The person who explained it to me says it has buglights like loyale. It must be spfi already? Will check up on it soon.:)

I am putting the 2wd engine in a crate, fuel pump etc if what I want happens. Believe it or not, I am sensing tension from the landowner where I am living.. before this is even resolved. Coincidentally the same way I lost a dl that needed welding. I am real lucky. :confused: I hope there is no problems with sawzalls and an engine in the driveway in a matter of hours :lol:

91loyale: I was no doubt pushed hard on the front. I am assuming a drunk or other mind altering weirdness with the driver. I absolutely had to use the left lane, he must have been out of mind. In slow motion I looked right at him as the inches were closing in. Bizarre. Check photo at bottom of this page

http://93loyale.com/accident.html

It shows the beginning of the push that sent me. No matter what the biased police officer thinks, it was a hit and run, fleeing the scene of an accident, and driving to endanger, although, the little honda was going so freakishly slow, legally too slow for highway?, that driver could be in trouble. I am finding it way out to lunch that the officer ignored what I was saying and he even made a wise rump roast remark after mentioning the camaro: "Well he's gone now, we won't find him." Lets all give a big round of applause for trooper Daniel Ryan of troop E maine state police. He wouldn't know integrity if he got sideswiped by a drunk guy in camaro avoiding an old lady doing 35 on the interstate if he had it recorded himself on his video cam. Maybe if I mentioned I was a disabled veteran, with my disgusting facial hair and all, he would have listened. Repulsive. Truth prevails one way or another, and I'd love to witness it happen out loud anytime soon.

That color looks the the rootbeer brown that GM used in the late '70's and 80's. Not too many Camaros have that color, especially the gen 2 Camaros. At least not ALL of us Camaro owners are a-holes on the road..... SOrry to hear about your loss my friend, tends to happen to the best of us anymore:rolleyes:

Time to get an old beater and make it a BEAST!!! reinforce it with the beefiest cage you can make... have it have like 600BHP and go running camaros of the road for FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA A HAHAHAHA A HAHAHAH sweet victory :mad: :mad: :mad:

thats what i hate most about driving!!! YOU CAN BE THE SAFEST DRIVER ON THE ROAD but someone else can screwup EVERY THING ELSE just like that! :mad: :mad: It makes me mad..... oh well... your loss will not be forgoten!