Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Howdy Ya'll!! It's the Cowgirl!!

I just thought I would introduce myself (and Hubby) who will pick out his screen name and log on later. We just bought our first Subaru today!! :banana: It is a 1994 Legacy Outback Wagon AWD 5-speed. It is definetly a "fixer upper", but for the price we paid, we are happy to put some time into fixing it up!! I will be posting threads as I need help and advice, so I look forward to getting to know a lot of you and your Subaru's!!:D

This Outback will be Hubby's car, but I'm the girl who took Auto and Diesel Mechanic class in high school and at the tech school!! Hubby is learning, and is very clever with mechanical things, so I instruct and direct, and he gets to be the "grease monkey"! ;) ;) I drive a 1994 Ford Aero XLT E4WD van (hey now! no Booing!!), and the Aero has a big fan base of "shade tree mechanics" trying to keep them from rusting away. I (and my DH) have been the fodder for much entertainment on my Aero board, and I'm sure we shall entertain ya'll too!!

Well, that's about it I guess....HELLO EVERYONE!!!!

yeah, it can't be a 94 outback, must be a typo. 96 maybe?

welcome

:banana::banana::banana: ridem' cowgirl!!:banana::banana::banana:

in '94 there was a Legacy variant that was called the Alpine Sport. It was equipped basically like the outback later would come equipped, minus the body cladding. But the heated seats and other fun toys were there.

But true, if it's truly a '94 and says "Outback" on it, someone glued the emblem there. I've seen someone locally do that to an '86 GL. :rolleyes:

Thanks guys!! As for the actual name of wagon, I'm a bit confused....Hubby says it said "Legacy" on the back....LSI???? Could that be it?? Hubby says its not an Outback....he's been looking at tons of Subie's for sale, so he's gotten pretty good at knowing what's what....I'm a "Subie Virgin".....Just drove the one we bought today--my first Subaru drive....Oh! and it is definetly at 1994.....HTH clear things up....

Thanks guys!! As for the actual name of wagon, I'm a bit confused....Hubby says it said "Legacy" on the back....LSI???? Could that be it?? Hubby says its not an Outback....he's been looking at tons of Subie's for sale, so he's gotten pretty good at knowing what's what....I'm a "Subie Virgin".....Just drove the one we bought today--my first Subaru drive....Oh! and it is definetly at 1994.....HTH clear things up....

Okey dokey, Yeah... Legacy LSi. Top of the line model for the year.

Air suspension, or coil?

there is alot of good info here , change the tranny fluid, front/rear diff, regular oil changes, tune ups, i can say this much , i own the most subaru's in the general area, but they are not every where around here , all the junkyards either crushed them or never get them in, :-\

Welcome to the board! It seems Subarus are getting popular in Michigan these days. I see lots of Outbacks, Forresters, and WRX's on the freeways, but I think I have the only Loyale wagon anywhere near Detroit lol! Never, ever see any old Subaru's around here.

cheers,

Doug

Welcome to the board! It seems Subarus are getting popular in Michigan these days. I see lots of Outbacks, Forresters, and WRX's on the freeways, but I think I have the only Loyale wagon anywhere near Detroit lol! Never, ever see any old Subaru's around here.

cheers,

Doug

it must be a real challenge t ofind a good suby mechanic, especially for an old one, if there aren't many on the road.

ok, here's the real southerner test. what's the plural of y'all????

i'll check back with you in a while.

john

Much like moose, the plural of the lexeme y'all is the same as the singular form.

The word y'all, however, is generally accepted as connotating the bespeaking of multiple entities.

Subsequently, the short answer to your query would be this: Y'all doesn't have a plural. It is a plural.

However, although the definition would imply the pontification of more than one party (the locution being simply a contraction of "you" and "all") the multifarious nature of the expression allows it to be cunstrued in any way the user desires.

Not really, if you're in the Detroit area, go to Hodges Subaru, there the best.

Yes, Hodges is good. I took my Legacy there for the few recalls that were issued for it and they always were very good to me. Never had to take that car in for any repairs in the 80k that I drove it though.... I'm too cheap to take the old Loyale to the dealer though, it is not nearly the car my Legacy was! There's a place in Ferndale called Dinh's Foriegn Auto Repair that has always done me right for the stuff I couldn't do.

Maybe I should pull the Loyale into Hodges though, maybe they'll offer me a great trade in on it!:lol:

-Doug

Much like moose, the plural of the lexeme y'all is the same as the singular form.

The word y'all, however, is generally accepted as connotating the bespeaking of multiple entities.

Subsequently, the short answer to your query would be this: Y'all doesn't have a plural. It is a plural.

However, although the definition would imply the pontification of more than one party (the locution being simply a contraction of "you" and "all") the multifarious nature of the expression allows it to be cunstrued in any way the user desires.

yes all of that is true, but in the south the plural of y'all is ALL Y'ALL.

What part of Mi do you hail from? I grew up in Kzoo, and spent a couple of years in Detroit.

Subaru's get no respect in MI, but its worth the grief to be able to get around in the snow, and still get good fuel economy.

UP in the northern part of Michigan you cant swing a dead cat without hitting a Subaru, they are definitely the most popular car on the roads here, and the best place to have them worked on is The Subaru Guys here in Traverse City, subies are all they do and very reasonable, oh btw way welcome cowgirl

Okey dokey, Yeah... Legacy LSi. Top of the line model for the year.

Air suspension, or coil?

Air......yes, yes, I can hear all of your collective sighs.....DH just spent last night poking at that very system with his new Haynes Manual....there is a definetly air leaking from somewhere on drivers side....he thinks the bag is ruptured, but is not exactly sure because he has yet to find the compressor/other components of the system.....he says he will prolly just to a conversion.....(btw, "suspension in need of work" is why we got it for so little $$...)