Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone else had to repair this?

wiperrepairwa5.jpg

This seemed to be a local prob.I can ask here. Have seen it more than once.

ingredients seem to be ice storm prone area /snow and wagons that stay jacked up in the back end. The air pressure on windshield is tremendous on the jacked up soobs, I can hear mine whistle when wiper is all the way up on the highway, and wiper motor struggles to bring them back down for another cycle. This setup was my fault, I thought I could get a bit more spring pressure, and it broke while sitting static in the driveway overnight. I soon learned there was a problem after getting on the highway in heavy rain and floating happened. For a temporary fix I banged on the wiper mount to bend it for spring pressure, and cracked the windshield- and still had no correct wiper. Was not a good day. :banghead: I hope the crack is passable, inspection next month.

dont know anything about jacked up wagons, dont have that issue...

but for more tension on the wiper, if bending the arm a little doesnt work, go to a larger truck stop and look for "wiper snuggies" (yes these are real items) do a search here for the same thing and you should come up with a thread with more info.

We in the area of this planet dubbed the northern hemisphere

where in northern vs some other context southern meaning not a lot in reference

to Greek mythology may have a link to the standing God protecting

the straights of Gibraltar whom the Phoenicians worshiping the combination of

the light reflecting ambiance of green and azure created a semblance coherent

that would ultimately yield a pressure here to now known as Coriolis.

Egos in adjunct to the vector forces imposed by the laminar flow over

an object moving through a fluid which will result in such a happening.

I personally have witnessed this phenomena on many instances while piloting my

steadfast 87 Gl/starship.

The solution has been here to with compared

with equal results.

Hope this helps.

250px-WhereRainbowRises.jpg

We in the area of this planet dubbed the northern hemisphere

where in northern vs some other context southern meaning not a lot in reference

to Greek mythology may have a link to the standing God protecting

the straights of Gibraltar whom the Phoenicians worshiping the combination of

the light reflecting ambiance of green and azure created a semblance coherent

that would ultimately yield a pressure here to now known as Coriolis.

Egos in adjunct to the vector forces imposed by the laminar flow over

an object moving through a fluid which will result in such a happening.

I personally have witnessed this phenomena on many instances while piloting my

steadfast 87 Gl/starship.

The solution has been here to with compared

with equal results.

Hope this helps.

for the record i have no idea how a lift kit would affect the windshield at all.. the only thing that would change the way the wind affects the windshield would be to change the angle of the windshield to alter the wind resistance.

If the rear end is sitting higher than the front I'd tend to think that the angle would change relative to the road, but not to the car itself, so I also see what you mean, but am too tired to reason it out in my head, so I'm going to sleep.

The driver side wiper is now tight, the passenger is floating. I am wondering now if the car is a bender. My other 87 had its spells but always returned. Just one of those things..

I had to add a leading edge for the hood seal as well and I painted inside the wiper linkage/vent bay and swapped out linkage for a 93 a month or so ago. It was shaking the car on high speed, maybe a torque bind. With the plastic ball joints being a bit sloppy and lubed as well, I have shrugged the thought that the linkage is wrong. Another precise thing to tinker with I guess..

The angle of the windshield is dramatically increased on a low front end and High back end - alot of wagons do this by oem build, especially 4wd as the back end gyros itself up on the highway a few inches.

I was curious to know if it was common on the 80's soobs. even the metal for the bodies seem a bit different abd more "spring" like. Have had other oddities too only on the older pre loyales.

The picture you have in your post has NOTHING to do with the problems you are talking about. I suggest you remove it and save this board some bandwidth.

Simple steps to happy windshield wipers.

1.Wash window with a spray foam window wash (available at Walmart, costco, etc...)

2.Clay bar the windshield (this removes surface inperfections)

3.Wash window again with spray foam window wash

4.Use a rubber restorer/cleaner and wipe down blades (not armor-all, Meguiars makes a good product)

These steps will lead you to find a perfectly wiping window, with no need to increase the pressure on the wipers. By reducing the friction involved, it allows the motor easier work.

Interesting facts about clay bar, rain-x, and your windshield. Your windshield is assaulted by millions of little particles. Eventually, these particles start to find "edges" in the glass to hold to, and begin to build up on the window. Once the surface of the window starts building up with these "particles" it becomes less and less smooth, thus requiring more effort for fluid to flow over it. You'll notice at this point that your window wipers begin to lose effectiveness.

Rain-X is a genius solution to this problem. It basically creates a new smooth layer on your glass, so the water doesn't have to fight these particles to get off the window. Problem, after 2-3 months this layer starts to fog up. That is because it is a bandaid to the problem, and does not eliminate the problem.

Clay bars are used on paint jobs to remove particles from the surface. Use a bar on your window will do the same thing. It removes the offending, water slowing particles from the window. Giving you back your nice smooth glass for which your wipers can effortlessly glide across.

This leads to the conclusion that if cared for properly, wiper blades should almost never need replacing, and that it is yet again another industry just out to get our money.

Also, coming in 2010, Toyota plans to start fitting their higher end models with Ion producing canons (much like deer horns) that will projected a wave of ionized air infront of the car as a particle deterrent system. If these succeed in real life as well as the science lab, by 2015 there will be no need for the ancient claybar... as the particles it was born to remove, aren't even getting to the car its supposed to remove them from. Only time will tell when the ULTIMATE solution is born, and we are able to eliminate the particles from our air once and for all.

Cliff Notes: Sell your stock in companies that produce Clay Bars. The end is coming!!1