Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I just scored an 82 wagon for $50!

Note: this is not the same Ru I just posted in for sale.

Craigslist: Dodge Neon and Subaru wagon, take both for $200. When I got ahold of him he had sold the Neon for $150 and I said I could take the Ru for fiddy bucks. SOLD!:headbang:

The good: Third eye, plaid seats, 4 speed d/r, straight white body, 2 BRAND NEW tires, spiffy 4 spoke steering wheel, doors lock and windows go up/down, ultra downforce wing on hatch

The bad: "Owner" got in a fight with his room mate and headed east. Room mate sold car to friend for $50 and friend sold it to me. Translation: registration might be difficult or impossible.

Needs battery, possible blown head gasket (oil looks like chocolate syrup), needs upper radiator hose seal, torn seats, some jerry rigged and hacked wires, no radio

My neighbor/buddy/former USMBer Sean and me towed it to my place about an hour ago in the dark with no lights which was pretty hilarious. I might give it to him cause he helps me a ton with my Brat. I'm stoked. Woot!

Congrats! $50... isn't much for the risk factor.... if you loose it... not out that much but yea... you need the title before you touch the car cause the dude may want it back... or report it stolen or don't care etc...

but here it is again... track him down, get the title...

It took me 3 months on one of my roo's for the owner to finaly come up for air and I got ahold of him, I explained what had happened and he didn't care about getting car back and signed it over to me at State title office and sealed the deal with a receipt "sold for $1." and handed him a crisp $1 bill to legal things up. When I first went and got the car I had the guy who's property the car sat on sign a permission form too tow and store (made form on my computer) so I could tow, and store the car since he wanted it off his property till we tracked down the owner... at least I had a paper trail if law pounded on my door in the middle of the night...probably wasn't totally legal but it worked for me in the end.

Ohh... yea.. it was an '82 wagon also... less engine.

Good Score, I purchased this 84 wagon for $40. Runs fine.

I had to supply the tires though. Thanks Boobaru!

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=7455&cat=500&ppuser=584

How can you go wrong at such a price?

Any JY part would cost more than the car?

These are getting scarce around this neck of the woods.

Buy all you can and preserve them! They're not making any more!:eek:

Congrats! $50... isn't much for the risk factor...

Yes, Congratulations, :) and if you don´t get its Papers, Just keep it as a Parts Car!

...How can you go wrong at such a price?

Any JY part would cost more than the car?

These are getting scarce around this neck of the woods.

I Absolutely Agree! :burnout:

been kicking myself for selling it, but i got pretty good money for it. had it shipped from WA state. it was a plane jane hatch, i added a few things to it (mudflaps, spoiler, wheels, buffed it out, brightened the bumpers). what a cool car it was. :-\

Exactly. I buy and accept free cars I don't want if only to use for parts or pass on to other enthusiasts.

Zebisko, you'll get first dibs on the third eye if I part it.

I'm pretty sure all I have to do is have the guy I got it from sign a paper that says I bought it from him and apply for a lost title.

i picked up my white loyale for the grand total of fifty bucks with an engine that didn't run and the only aspirations of it were to teach me about the subaru engines ( so i would know something before i screwed up my forester) i finally got it to run right tonight

in other words have fun... fixing mine has been more about the journey.

Exactly. I buy and accept free cars I don't want if only to use for parts or pass on to other enthusiasts.

Zebisko, you'll get first dibs on the third eye if I part it.

I'm pretty sure all I have to do is have the guy I got it from sign a paper that says I bought it from him and apply for a lost title.

I was to late on these also...so if you want to part anything out...I need some parts off of 82???...only yr that I can use body/grill etc certain parts...for my 82brat...

• 3 weeks later...