Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WCSS10 Location and Date Set!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it looks like the girlfriend and I are going to bring her wagon. We're planning on taking off the morning of the 14th, spending the day in/around Astoria, and going to the show on the 15th. Hope to meet as many people as we can! :banana:

If you are planning to stay at a hotel, the night of the 14th, you better get a room reserved now.

If you go to Google Maps (use Sattelite) and locate the Fairgrounds, look directly east. Theres lots of trails from the looks of it.

the maps put out by the forest service are rated as far as difficulty or ease. never the less the google maps only show the state/county maintained gravel roads which are the ones that do lead to the trails. ill still try to get the maps anyway on friday because ill have nothing else going on in the afternoon.

im stoked thinking i will drive the legacy and tow the hatch due to gas. but it will be fun none the less im planning on going down on the 15th in the morning leaving from ellensburg so if anyone is wanting to golet me know i will have atleast one seat if not 2.

Rob

well, i went to the ODF today and got a new map for the tillamook area, in which they said the were not able to find any maps for the astoria region. ODF of forest grove did give me the phone number for astoria branch of ODF (503-325-5451). when i called astoria they said most of the trails or roads that you see on google earth are private land for warehouser and are not open to the public. i also found out that the state and blm land is going into burn season and are cracking down on anyone who decides to blaze there own trail, you will have to stick to the gravel roads and trails that are not gated off.

you also need an off highway vehicle permit (also for cars) if you can find a place to get off the road at. these permits last year were $12.

Raffle Prize Give away

We are proud to announce that Kito Auto Sports is now on board as a sponsor of the show. They will be donating an Equal Length Header with Up-pipe for an 04 + STI to be raffled off near the end of the show in Saturday.

There will also be many other items included in the raffle, from posters and stickers to other vendor parts and products.

I look forward to seeing you all there, and good luck to all who enter the raffle.

Dan

West Coast Subaru Show Committee

So the mud pit will be Saturday from 3-5 PM, and Rally/Auto-X on Sunday? No mud pit at all on Sunday?

It looks like the Auto X is being held some where else and the mudpit is on site. I would assume the mudpit will be available for both days.

But I am assuming. A Staff Member can verify if this is correct.

Slight change of subject, but still related to WCSS...

Will there be food on site, besides the spaghetti awards dinner?

The snack trailer with coffee and muffins/fruit/snacks was a Godsend, especially in the mornings:) .

If not on site, how far away is town?

Not sure of the onsite stuff, but Warrendale is really close, as is Astoria depending on which way of business route 101 you go.

I for one will be restocking my beer supply (if it runs out)at the Rite Aid in Warrendale because I know how to get there with my eyes closed since I work for em :lol:

Dunno what to do about food... I was just going to live on Beer and Oranges maybe :clap:

The mudpit and the Rally-X share the same general field area. While they are separate, for safety reasons we cannot run both courses at the same time. Depending how things go, the mudpit may be open longer, we'll just have to play that by ear.

We hope that anyone that WANTS to get dirty, has the opportunity, and we will certainly work towards making that happen.

As for morning espresso and snacks, we are unfortunately still on a search to find someone. The Purple Cow, which has come in years past, is not able to make it all the way to Oregon. The fairgrounds may also have their concession stand open throughout the day, however, this is not finalized yet. We will update when we have a solid answer.

Show is exactly a month away today!

Tex

West Coast Subaru Show Committee

• 2 weeks later...
Well, it looks like we might not make it to the show:mad: After being told I was going to get at least 20 hours a week, 12-16 doesn't cut it. Its really too bad, I'd love to meet some more board members. Well, I guess theres always next year :)

isnt that what you said last year?