Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Who needs a tractor when you have a Soob!!!

This thing has bothered me since I moved here, and after the last rain storm I decided to dig it out. I think it's a mount for a huge satelite dish, the ones that were popular back in the 80's.

I was only able to dig half way down before the soil was too hard, lovely Virginia clay! I was thinking of renting a small jackhammer to bust it up when I thought of pulling it with the car. I hooked the strap up high because at first I just wanted to pull it enough to work it loose, but I got a bit angry and I felt offended when the clutch started to slip. No problem getting traction with those snow tires, just slipped the clutch a bit. So, not wanting to embarrass the car any, I decided to give it all she had, 4 Lo and floored, and she pulled it up and out of the hole! I moved the strap to try to pull it up the hill thinking the concrete block would just dig in and go nowhere, but it just bounced along untill I got to the gravel.

I don't know how heavy it is, but I can barely roll it over. Now, how do I use the car to get it into my pickup?!

is.php?i=6372&img=SANY0009.JPG

is.php?i=6374&img=SANY0011.JPG

is.php?i=6373&img=SANY0010.JPG

If I thought a brat could haul or tow what that old Ford could, I'd have one.

I did think of running the strap over the truck, if I had a roll bar or ladder rack to run it over I would do that. I have some good loading ramps, maybe I'll just pull it up them using my come-a-long attached in the bed. I have some good anchors in the front.

Yeah a come-a-long should work. Can ya just bust up the concrete with a BFH?

The biggest I have bounced off! Tryed the backside of my splitting maul, it bounced off! Thought of renting a Hilti but I'll see if I can get it in the truck like it is first. I have to get the spruce tree out of the bed first.

can you spell

s-p-u-d g-u-n

??

is.php?i=6372&img=SANY0009.JPG

I wish I thought of that before I hauled it to the landfill!!!! It was just the right size to launch tennis balls or old beer cans full of ice, that's fun.

But I did manage to get it up into my truck. I used a come-a-long, the tow strap that I used to yank it out, two 2x6 ramps and a couple pieces of plywood to help it slide. I nearly yanked out my anchor points in the bed, tore my tow strap and shredded the plywood. It took three county convicts to drag it out of my truck at the dump! I enjoy seeing those boys work :lol: .