Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Subaru Commercial With Brat

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw both of those forester comercials last night for the first time. I like how these marketing guys think that a 300K, multi colored car is ready to be junk!

And they drove it there, how bad can the car be?

It is a good comercial, but it really missed the die-hard Subaru freaks, like us!!

Looks like there is another Brat in the commercial with a camper top at the 00:17 mark.

This got me to wondering. Did they even run TV ads for both gens of Brat back in the day? I am too young, born the last year they offered the Brat.

Now i want everyone to sit and breath, no mad rush to this site...

BUT

i posted the commercial on the outback list and got this response

"There really is a place called Subaru Heaven...it's on U.S. 12 (I believe) heading toward Whitewater, WI. I have been past it a few times. Fields full of 80s Subarus."

Now remeber no pushing or shoving....

nipper

Some of the posts I have been reading in this made me realize there are ALOT of people that need a big update on this, as they seem slightly "out of the loop".

The cars that were bought from the earlier posts on this site were allegedly used for these commercials. Although I haven't heard any of them chime up about seeing "their" car. I know that Jeff's Legacy sedan (that he sold them) wasn't present, but I'm not sure who else sold them a car, and if they spotted "their" car in the ad.

From what I understand, they do not need any more cars. Just figuring on this, as the ad has already aired. So, they probably won't be checking back on this thread for people who posted ads for their Subarus.

Hope this helps!:burnout:

I think they hit the core of the "die hard" Subie lover. While we may not ever really buy a brand new Subie, we'll keep buying the old ones.

We stay within an "interchange" span of years, so that our previous 400k/mi car will provide parts for our "new" 150k/miler. Purchased because it needed some "TLC".:headbang:

subaru heaven does exist. and there are numerous posts here and elsewhere about it.....

it's not heaven. it's just another ripoff junkyard, except the guy only has subarus, and he knows what stuff is worth. not getting any EJ22t blocks for $150 like the other yards here in MN.

i went to maps.google.com cut-n-paste "Whitewater, WI" and then went to satilite mode and wondered which direction on US 12? Towards LA Grange or Atkinson? (smirks from Tx)

Now i want everyone to sit and breath, no mad rush to this site...

BUT

i posted the commercial on the outback list and got this response

"There really is a place called Subaru Heaven...it's on U.S. 12 (I believe) heading toward Whitewater, WI. I have been past it a few times. Fields full of 80s Subarus."

Now remeber no pushing or shoving....

nipper