Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Holy Grail for Coupe owners.

These came today..care of Backwoodsboy ..who now works at a Subaru dealer.. said they are the last pair in the country... These are my unicorn..I have never seen a good one.. Thank you so much John..I almost cried when I opened the box...simply beautiful. (for those who dont know..they are the side badges ..go below the back windows and are coupe only)

BeautyBadges001.jpg

LB wont be wearing these until he is repainted though..I dont want to risk anything happening to them

, clapping and drinking followed!

Isnt drinking a given????:grin::-p:clap: celebratory drink for every accomplishment...remove a lug nut...take a drink..remove another one..another drink :lol:.

To do the paint right.. I am going to have to remove all the trim and glass. the trim is scarey..dont want to booger it up. Once I have it back together and running again..I am going to get estimates locally. ( plus we still need to talk with Tim..but you guys have enough on your plate right now) But I am hoping to maybe do it in the Spring..before the Import Car Show in May...all depends of finances.

I cant stop looking at them..Trying to find the safest place for them...maybe get a saftey deposit box?? Would that be overkill?:)

*scratches head...OH... so they aren't supposed to be a yellow plastic with empty squares in the middle?*

those are beautiful lol, i have honestly never witnessed a set in decent condition up close. Your going to need a padded case i.e. a car stereo faceplate case, to keep them in when your away from the car.

isaac

..... To do the paint right.. I am going to have to remove all the trim and glass. the trim is scarey..dont want to booger it up...

Hi Connie, sounds like a major undertaking. Safe to assume you're planning to re-use the original rubber, esp. for the windshield? Any tips you could share? I'm following up with a manufacturer about the possibility of having new windshield weatherstrip produced, but it's not looking hopeful so looks like I may be trying to rescue some from a donor.

The emblems look great, and are the perfect final touch. Been holding a pair I got up here in Canada from the dealer, don't dare unwrap them until the bodywork is good to go on the convertible - too afraid the drool might affect how they adhere .:grin:

That said, I'm waaaay behind you in the restoration process - paint will likely be next fall earliest. Finally got my mitts on a Matrix3 convertible owner's manual, and trying to sort out the electrics for the power top. Someone'd already made a wild spaghetti of the original wiring.:-\

Best of luck with your project!

--wd