Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Build Thread: The Sedamn

bigo1966

Look what Santa left next to the dumpster!!!! I went in and asked if I could have it and the shop owner said Merry Christmass its yours. Its even all aluminum.

IMG_0483.jpg I strapped it to the top of the rodeo with a couple of shirts and some jumper cables. :banana:

IMG_0484.jpg

Motor mount finally done, looks like something out of Mad Max for sure.

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

And a few pics of why I havent done anything to the car...

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome.just remember ,gussets are your friend.the torque out of that motor sitting by itself might be more than in a balanced 2 wheeler.i would tie the tubing into the outside mount areas.be sure to take care for the exhaust on the pass. side.....looks awesome though....

your life looks good too:grin:...now get back to the car(as i sit here and wonder about a certain hatch that has not been touched forever):lol:..cheers, brian

• 4 weeks later...

Good news, the sedamn idled across the yard lastnight, roughly a slow walking speed. All I had was a kill switch walking next to it. Started it in gear, lowest range. I need to plump up coolant lines, electrical, clutch and throttle and choke. Im going to use the hood release as the choke cable. Ill have to pin the hood as there is no hood latch anymore.

IT LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was able to drive her around....kind of, no power steering, no power brakes and no clutch. Who needs those anyways? It needs the rest of the exhaust bad, VERY loud. Im not sure if the ST engine was in 1st or 2nd gear in the video. Its actually alot quicker than I thought it would be. I still need to clean everything up under the hood. I have a Subaru manual but the wiring diagram does not match any wire colors under the hood. So could someone help answer the following questions:

What color is the wire that sends the oil psi signal, coolant temp signal, and what wire sends the tachometer signal. I have spent an hour and its the worst diagram ive seen. Oh yeah, and how do i get my darn fuel pump to stay on. I had to take the minus yellow wire that would normally go to the coil and touch it to the positive terminal on the battery and it would turn on for 2-3 seconds and send fuel then turn off, i would have to repeat to fill the bowls up. Thanks for the help guys!

Video to come as soon as its done uploading. Not the best vid but it is the virgin voyage.

Video but as of 10:26 its not done up loading.

23:1 low rage on subaru, times Primary reduction 1.829

Gear ratio, 1st 2.266

=95.32:1

Its has pretty much zero torque at idle, once the RPMs increase i should be fine.

The Honda ST1100 makes the most torque and horsepower from 5000 to 6500 rpm

23:1 low rage on subaru, times Primary reduction 1.829

Gear ratio, 1st 2.266

=95.32:1

Its has pretty much zero torque at idle, once the RPMs increase i should be fine.

The Honda ST1100 makes the most torque and horsepower from 5000 to 6500 rpm

you need, first gear in soob

low range in soob

the diff ratios

0.00?

and the lowest range from the bike trans, which would be first gear

=crawl ratio

cheers, brian

2.226 Cycle 1st gear

1.829 Primary reduction to mate to soob trans

3.545 Soob first gear

1.592 Soob low range