Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Seafoam question

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is nothing like amway!

That's funny... scroll down the list and you'll find Amway listed above Conklin Company, Inc. Hmmmm...

http://www.mlmwatchdog.com/li_directory_mlm_companies.html

Btw, in case you didn't already know, MLM means Multi-Level Marketing. Sometimes referred to as Network Marketing. I am not knocking it. There are reputable MLM companies out there such as Tupperware, Avon, World Financial Group, HerbaLife and many more... I am under the impression that Conklin Co., Inc. may be one of the good ones too.

I am only reinforcing what rtcaravan has manged to do all on his own... prove his ignorance.

And sir, (to: rtcaravan), if you are indeed not an Independant Business Owner (IBO) for Conklin, but are contemplating becoming one, I suggest you refer to the DSA Code of Ethics before doing so... under A.1. of the Direct Selling Association Code of Ethics (of which Conklin is a member):

" Member companies shall ensure that no statements, promises or testimonials are made which are likely to mislead consumers or prospective salespeople.

...These sections cover communications about your own company or another company. For example, a distributor for company A makes misleading statements about company B and/or its products to consumers or prospective salespeople." (pssst... also illegal and can land you a hefty fine...)

Oh, and btw, I am a Newbie around here,... and most likely the target audience for Conklin pushers like yourself... guess what, I will never even consider your suggestions, recommendations, or anything else you have to say regarding any Conklin product out there... or anything else really.

And if you are a salesman, IBO, or whatever,... I feel bad for YOU buddy... you have alot to learn.

To everyone else, cause I'm done with this thread...

if you're interested in knowing the difference between pyramid schemes and MLM's click this link... (canadian perspective, but same legal relevance in the U.S.)

http://sbinfocanada.about.com/cs/marketing/a/MLMpyramid.htm

inform yourselves

That's funny... scroll down the list and you'll find Amway listed above Conklin Company' date=' Inc. Hmmmm...

http://www.mlmwatchdog.com/li_directory_mlm_companies.html

Btw, in case you didn't already know, MLM means Multi-Level Marketing. Sometimes referred to as Network Marketing. I am not knocking it. There are reputable MLM companies out there such as Tupperware, Avon, World Financial Group, HerbaLife and many more... I am under the impression that Conklin Co., Inc. may be one of the good ones too.

I am only reinforcing what rtcaravan has manged to do all on his own... prove his ignorance.

And sir, (to: rtcaravan), if you are indeed not an Independant Business Owner (IBO) for Conklin, but are contemplating becoming one, I suggest you refer to the DSA Code of Ethics before doing so... under A.1. of the Direct Selling Association Code of Ethics (of which Conklin is a member):

" Member companies shall ensure that no statements, promises or testimonials are made which are likely to mislead consumers or prospective salespeople.

...These sections cover communications about your own company or another company. For example, a distributor for company A makes misleading statements about company B and/or its products to consumers or prospective salespeople." (pssst... also illegal and can land you a hefty fine...)

Oh, and btw, I am a Newbie around here,... and most likely the target audience for Conklin pushers like yourself... guess what, I will never even consider your suggestions, recommendations, or anything else you have to say regarding any Conklin product out there... or anything else really.

And if you are a salesman, IBO, or whatever,... I feel bad for YOU buddy... you have alot to learn.

To everyone else, cause I'm done with this thread...

if you're interested in knowing the difference between pyramid schemes and MLM's click this link... (canadian perspective, but same legal relevance in the U.S.)

http://sbinfocanada.about.com/cs/marketing/a/MLMpyramid.htm

inform yourselves

:clap:Bravo! Bravo!:clap:

Well said 84flatfour.

I don't believe I could have stated it any better than that.

And I find it interesting that he used the shoot first, ask questions later

tactic.

I believe it was his first reply, that specifically said "seafoam don't work.

don't waste your money" or something to that effect.

And when we started asking him honest questions about the product, he

just backpedaled and deflected our queries.

Just an observation...

Twitch

This is an incrediable thread. It seems like this product he is pushing is an East Coast product probably only available at truck stops of repair shops. I have been working on cars for just over 50 years now, and Seafoam was old when I was young. It has been a part of my garage all this time. I was surprized to see that this product that he is pushing is a parafin based product (Pennsylvania cude is parafin based). When I as a teenager, and low on cash, we would buy gallon jugs of oil that was made from parafin based crude. After a few oil changes with that stuff, we had to run Seafoam through the engine to get rid of the sludge build up. I will never use a parafin based oil in any of my cars, no matter what wild claims of improvement are made.

sorry i had a bad day yesterday, i was just venting! if you have any questions you can contact broc at http://www.conklin.com/site/troxellsrepair. he can help you with your questions better than me. as soon as i find my cable i'll upload the video we took on youtube. sorry about venting!!! well mr.rx this is a mid west product. pa your funny. for you info motors have been torn apart and checked . no wear and deff. no sludge as you say. the video shows the truth about seafoam!

Edited by rtcaravan

sorry i had a bad day yesterday, i was just venting! if you have any questions you can contact broc at www.conklin.com/site/troxellsrepair. he can help you with your questions better than me. as soon as i find my cable i'll upload the video we took on youtube. sorry about venting!!! well mr.rx this is a mid west product. pa your funny. for you info motors have been torn apart and checked . no wear and deff. no sludge as you say. the video shows the truth about seafoam!

That is Dr. RX to you, and if it is parafin based, the product is made for cude oil from PA, it doesn't matter where in the world they bottle or can it. Parafin based product are just not that good, there must some very special additives. I currently run 100% synthetic oil in my cars. Petrolium base oild break down over time and lose their viscousity and that is not good for trying to keep metal parts from rubbing together.

this oil DON'T break down! we have a local trucking co. that has over 500,000 and 600,000 miles on the oil. the drain plugs have never been out. like i said if your motor blowes due to lack of lubercation they will buy you a new one! nobody else will do that!

Edited by rtcaravan

You know..this guy is just really turning alot of people off to both him and the product. I have never seen anyone so "shove it down your throat" pushy about something. If our motors blow how is that effecting you??? its not ..so who cares right?? In fact I know of none that have blown motors due to poor lube caused by our oil degrading. And I have been on this board since 2004.

I went through his old posts and saw him pushing the products before also.

And if you look ..now he is trying to insult us ..check out his location " parked your subie"

even after going to the links that OTHER people posted because the conklin pusher refuses to do them for himself..I havent seen anything that impresses me none.

This battle is easy to win... do a search for seafoam on this board... Then read them.

You had to go and open a can of stupid didn't you. I tried to help.. I tried to warn you but.. no you had to do it.

nOW Let the sTUPID continue:banana:

picture.php?albumid=63&pictureid=1142

By the way this is not a personal attack. It is however an attack on the way you have been acting. I still love you as a child of god. I just dont love your post and it makes me sad that I tried to help you. I am sure you are a great guy. Heck.. I would let you be friends with my sister!!:rolleyes:

OH.. by the way I did not have a bad day. I dont need an excuse for my behavior. I wish you the best and I hope your kids grow up to be more proud of you then mine. Your the winner mister:headbang:The uber winner.

your video is up loaded and i'm done with this post now i gave you guys your video. don't know how long it takes them to put it on line. we're like family don't you get pissed at them too. i'm not religious but thank you. if you understood the day i had yesterday, it wasn't just an excuse but i'm not talking about it. i'm done with this post. locals have fun at carlisle this weekend!!!!:) if i make it it will be sun. morning but i dout i'll make it.

Edited by rtcaravan

OK I dumped my seafoam supply off at the recycler.

I begged forgivness of my subies and am in search of CONKLIN.

Also, I wanna get one of those 18 wheeler diesel engine ENGINE OIL FILTRATION SYSTEMS that help Conklin rock so much.

Ya.

this oil DON'T break down! we have a local trucking co. that has over 500,000 and 600,000 miles on the oil. the drain plugs have never been out. like i said if your motor blowes due to lack of lubercation they will buy you a new one! nobody else will do that!

Well, if it doesn't break down, then it is not oil, it is a synthetic.

WOW, it is really good at removing lead based paint. Where they got the idea that lead based paint is similar to cabon buildup I'll never know, they are two different elements and chemicals react differently to both of them. Also how do we know that the test strips in those bottles are the same, and how do we know if those dates are actual dates. Are we suppose to believe the guy who is trying to sell the product to us? With all that aside, I thought we were talking about an oil here, not a carburator cleaner.

I also love the labled jars...so you cant even be sure what exactly is in them...probably just colored water...and its obvious its not an independent test.

Still havent seen enough to sell me. And I cant be doing it all wrong since our 2001 Toyota truck we have had since new and has 260K miles on it and runs like the day it was bought. Never any repairs to the motor..

Lead based paint. I don't know anyone who paints the insides of their engine. It would be nice if the cameraman could focus the camera in his close up shots.

It's so easy to find engine valves with carbon build-up on them. I don't understand why they didn't use that to make a comparison.

"breaks down water into hydrogen and oxygen" that is definitely a "snake oil" comment. The hydrogen/oxygen chemical bond is one of the strongest in nature. I'm not a chemist but I just don't believe that comment.

Wow, I'm a little late to this party and it appears what was needed to be said, well, has been said.

Conklin... are you kidding me?

If I'm going to have a car that I'm going to put money into doing an oil change, moreso then the regular $30 at work, then there's no way this crap will touch my engine. Unfortunatly, since you seem to be the only person to hear of this, I'm going to stay away until someone more reknown on this board gives it a test run and frankly, we're all a bit too smart for that (well MOST of us are).

I personally have run Seafoam through many many many makes and models of cars that I've owned and some that have been friends as well, with awesome results.

So you sir, fail, at life. If you want to push a product, go over to NASIOC.com and head over into the Off Topic section. They seem to have discussions like this a lot over there....

I agree with Ed, even though I was the first one to call him out on his

product.

He does respond to other posts normally, I have checked this using the

search function.

He has really only pushed conklin in 2 or 3 other threads, the rest are

actually somewhat helpful.

So rtcaravan, no offense to you, but I will probably never buy conklin or

use it in any of my vehicles.

But I don't consider you a bad person either.

I just recommend you get facts and consider the reputation of a product,

BEFORE you start flaming.

Twitch

ain't no prob if you guys don't want to use it but i've seen the facts and trust their reputation. if i didnt trust them i wouldn't use it in my family vehicle (05 ford freestyle). as soon as i get the leaks fixed in the subaru i'm going to run the oil. had the car 5 months and she put 25000 on it. sorry i can't show you guys better.