Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I got a brat!!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice snag! Might want to determine why the motor was removed in the first place. I had a gem top exactly like that on my 83 BRAT and I loved that thing. Did not leak and drop and gave me a place to sleep the night of my bachelor party. Worst sleep ever...

Edited by Durania

Nice job on getting the Brat, needs a better fender but looks clean! Nice interior, Glad you got the engine back in.

Ooo nice GL too! '87? I see ur uncals giving it some love :) How come you WA guys have rustless Soobs? you get tons of snow, correct?

-Tom :)

How come you WA guys have rustless Soobs? you get tons of snow, correct?

-Tom :)

No road salt :grin: That might be changing soon though, but up until now they never salted the roads in the winter around here :banana:

Oh, and some Brats are totally OK to off-roadify, like my Black one, if it comes with every body panel trashed and evidence of being T-boned and kinda fixed, along with a host of other "issues" there really is no hope of it ever being nice, so what other options would you have? :grin:

Hope you get it running good, and if that is a Black interior I am extremely jealous, I dont think Ive ever seen an EA81 Black interior...

-Bill

Man, Waukesha lays down the salt like mad!! I wish they wouldn't, I mean if ur little CR-V cant get thru 3ft of snow then buy a Soob :-p

I don't think off-roadifying a clean Brat is bad.. Cause look at these Aussie guys, Nice Brats made better, and their not affraid to give it on a hillclimb! :banana:

-Tom

No road salt :grin: That might be changing soon though, but up until now they never salted the roads in the winter around here :banana:

Oh, and some Brats are totally OK to off-roadify, like my Black one, if it comes with every body panel trashed and evidence of being T-boned and kinda fixed, along with a host of other "issues" there really is no hope of it ever being nice, so what other options would you have? :grin:

Hope you get it running good, and if that is a Black interior I am extremely jealous, I dont think Ive ever seen an EA81 Black interior...

-Bill

yeah this thing has no rust on it at all, I'm probably not going to do some serious offroading in this pup.. I'm thinking restore it to subie perfection and use it as my DD.

and I dont think it has black interior.. it just dark dark blue.. I think.. havent really checked yet XD

It's hard to tell what color the interior is.

At first glance it appears to be black, but there are hints of blue. :confused:

Can't go wrong either way. icon14.gif

the interior in this Brat is a mix i think. the door sill is blue, the driver door panel is blue, the passenger panel looks black. the driver side of the dash looks grey or black, and the passenger side looks blue. I think it is originally blue, and someone rattle canned the dash to black or grey. But the steering wheel looks the Gray........and the A pillar trim is grey.

go figure this out.

I did once see (McBrat saw it too) a hatch fwd with black interior. It was rattlecanned.

Edited by bheinen74