Ultimate Subaru Message Board

If I wanted to sell my car, What should I ask.. Very modified GL-10

Ok so I have been wondering what my car is worth. I dont want to sell it because its always just been soo good to me :banana: I just want somthing new..

1986 Gl-10 Wagon All power All works.

-214k on body. Inside is very very nice!! No tears or cuts

-I bought it at 105k 4 years ago.

-1st eng went 2 years ago at around 180k ( you can try to make out the odo in the video-

*the blow off valve was an experimental thing*)

-2nd Eng I took my time with, ea82t was purchased from eng importer stamped with compression test and 30k odo on a tag on it. I installed a JDM oem gasket "kit" resealing the whole eng, oil pump, flawless oem turbo, resurfaced flywheel, exedy clutch ect.

-Transmission is 3.9 D/r 5sp pulled from 150k donor car with matching LSD(wrecked not head gasked. :lol:)

-Dual core radiator, with dual 12" electric fans. One is switched (and keyed) and one is set on 205 deg theremo senser.

-Custom 2.5" mandrel bent down tube to full custom very free flowing 2" (I think) full exhaust with no cat ATM, I dont have to pass emissions to a highflow muffler.

-Brakes are gone through every year and always in flawless working order.

-Perfectly working hill holder

-My custom 5"ish lift :grin:

-6lug conversion, the ones I used to offer, work is done on a shop and is really top quality!

-5 total-15" Zero offset aluminum wheels with 28" A/T tires was like $700ish

-Custom front and rear bumpers

-Pinned end links for front sway bar. on and off in mins

-Full length roof rack with custom low mounts and custom tire rack. (rack can come on and off in about 15 mins)

-5% window tint all around

-All worn bushings, tie-rods, ball joints, front and rear wheel bearings are new.

-Custom 1 1/4 hitch way over built and rated to 3500 tow weight and 500 toung weight made from my shop from my boss. I have towed once or twice and it is NOT good to tow, I use it for bike rack ( bike rack not for sale)

Inside the car

-Un cracked flawless dash

-Un molested flawless interior

-No cuts or tears, both seats are very nice (although stock)

-2 guages on pillar, Boost and water temp

-Turbo timer (I put it in when I bought it, im impatient and running on cool down is a pet peve of mine)

-alpine head unit

-all new alpine speakers.

-600w amp and 10" memphis with custom (removable) box

I have alot of time, effort, money and love into this car. It IS a turn key car. Get in it and turn the key and it will drive you where you need to go. She is very freeway friendly and will travel 80 mph (via gps) on flats and 65-70 uphill/ mountain areas. Oh and did I mention no rust.

I have a stack of reciepts for EVERYTHING ive done along the way that comes with the car :rolleyes:

Here are just 2 pix for now. Interior needs a cleaning before pictures.

100_2647.jpg

100_2645.jpg

People never consider that cars are consumables.

You can NEVER expect to get more out of selling a car than you put into customizing AND STILL DRIVE. The still drive thing is the important part. Everytime you drive the car, it costs money. The milage, the wear on the engine and drivetrain, and as time passes every day you keep the car will *cost* money off it's value.

If you think differently about it, and figure that you are basically renting the car from yourself, Or perhaps using the *equity* stored in it before time takes it away, then you can feel better about the small *cost* each day of driving a VERY custom, capable, and personalized rig.

I bet it the cost per day on your car is pennies compared to leasing or buying a newer relatively equally capable vehichle.

People never consider that cars are consumables.

You can NEVER expect to get more out of selling a car than you put into customizing AND STILL DRIVE. The still drive thing is the important part. Everytime you drive the car, it costs money. The milage, the wear on the engine and drivetrain, and as time passes every day you keep the car will *cost* money off it's value.

If you think differently about it, and figure that you are basically renting the car from yourself, Or perhaps using the *equity* stored in it before time takes it away, then you can feel better about the small *cost* each day of driving a VERY custom, capable, and personalized rig.

I bet it the cost per day on your car is pennies compared to leasing or buying a newer relatively equally capable vehichle.

I see where your coming from if you have like one car. But the first 2 years I put 80k on it when I was primarily driving it every day. Now I have 3 bikes and 4 cars. I put about 10-15k on each a year. Plus keep really good records of everything.

I dont like to sell anything I own, It was just a question.

I would say ~1800 to $2000.

I sold my lifted GL-10 for $1800 with a EJ22 swap RX FTAWD D/R and LSD.

But if you find the right buyer you may get more.

I agree, it's all about finding the right buyer. There are some 2WD Subaru wagons that are priced in the $1500, so maybe you could dazzle some dumb Californian and get more. I'd say yours would sell for no more than $2000.00 to a more experienced car enthusiast, its just not "old enough". If you hold on to it and keep in better condition than it is now, in 20 years you might get $4000-$5000.

I just really wanted to see what a wagon would go for.

I dont sell my things, I just break it and hang it some where as expensive art.

I actually got an offer of $3000 last week and turned it down. Then I started thinkin about turning it in toward the "cash for clunkers" thing but want to stick with buying a house instead.

I just love my car too much :-\

The weirdest thing happend yesterday.

A friend of mine is going on a 5 day camping trip in a week. His truck recently took a crap and He needed to take his work van. I was over at his house putting a hitch, wiring and brake control one of his work vans. (This is where it gets interesting)

One of my friends brothers is over there and he is all about my white wagon. He asked to really over look it and see how it was lifted and what was done to it. I told him I didnt mind. While I was working I noticed him and the guy he brought over looking it over and chatting about it. He asked what I would take for it. I told him I could never get what I wanted out of it. He was like would you take my truck? I was like are you serious? He has quite a few lifted toyota trucks and recently picked up a 93 IFS "road queen" that he had nothing into and held zero interest. AND for some reason he was all about owning my wagon.

After I offered a test drive, told him it stopped at 7 psi the way it sits and he was off. Today we traded titles straight across.

Here is what I got..

93 Toyota pickup w/ 166k Headgasket went and a new eng was installed at 138k

-Reciepts for fresh eng, cam, and install 30k ago

-Reciepts for new gears up front and rear making the speedo work perfect with 33's

-Recipets for 6" lift and install

-For some reason pretty nice bilstien rear shocks

-A very clean interior (buckets here I come)

-A title transfered today (Total cost out of pocket today was just over $100) :banana:

Oh and about....A 2k come up :grin:

I just dont know what to think about not owning my wagon..... Its truly disheartining.

100_2656.jpg

100_2657.jpg

100_2659.jpg

100_2658.jpg

Thanks for saying it was nicely put together. It was a very tough choice for me and I am pretty sure I made the right call. I owned the wagon for 4 years and enjoyed it the whole time. I dont think it has really set in yet ( I havent seen it drive past me yet :-\ ). I just need a truck and any which way you flip it, I got a killer deal.

I know the toy needs some work but it will be fun learning somthing new.

Tomorrows plans

-Clutch, PP, pilot brg, throw out brg

-Rear main

-Trans flush fill

-oil and filter

-clean air filter

-rewire reverse lights

-rewire electric fan

Should be fun