Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ20H swapped Gen3 Brat build Continues Tear down time.

subaruguru

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very good i was waiting for somone to catch it yes that rim is junk its just for fitting there is about 4 inches of bead missing.

I agree the chrome is just way too much but with them murdered out i think they will look very nice :)

Cheers R.

Well done on the BRAT mod, I like how you are trying to follow the lines of the original. Can't say I like the styling of those EA82's or those wheels you have chosen but I'm sure you'll enjoy the car once it's done and while it's getting done!

here it is....

I've seen this car in person, well just before it was running and on the road. It was on the hoist getting the 5 stud brakes wheels etc.

http://www.risingsuncarservice.com.au/index.php

Those are the guys who built it. Radiator was in the back between the roll bar up against the rear window with two thermo fans. I think it was just a WRX radiator or something.

It was kinda cool, but honestly with the wheels they chose (to keep offset as close to Brumby factory offset) and the standard Aussie bullbar but no lift it looks kinda boring. I'm sure it went well though.

Actually his wheels are installed correctly, but the tires are mounted backwards on the wheels...just sayin. :lol::banana:

:lol::lol::lol:

Tires that low profile are a wicked biotch to mount... I've done a lot of swearing trying to get rubber bands onto rims where I work...

Yes blame the tire place i put the wheels on right they are the ones that messed up rofl:lol:

No mods to the 3.3 yet i need to get it up on a stand and pull the heads off i got a deal on the motor becasue it had a leaky HG (thanks Justin i ow you man)

I got to drive the SVX befor the engine was pulled:burnout::grin: i think the engine will be just fine the way it is. Later on down the road i might feel differently but for know i think the stock EG3.3 has plenty of muscle to throw this brat around :grin:

Cheers R.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh trust me in that I tell you that you'll have problems. When you've done as much work as you've done to this ride you're going to have bugs and problems to work out with it. I'm still working the bugs out of my swap stuff on my hatch.

It's rewarding and frustrating at the same time.

I really hope to see this at the WCCS this year. I'm definitely voting it as my best of show winner.

Thanks earl and i do expect the bugs :-\ lol like you said with this much work there is no avoiding it. My goal is to have it at the show this year. She wont be pretty but she will be driving on her own power i hope it will be a crowd favorite.

Cheers R.

• 3 weeks later...