Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hatch Patrol annual XMas tree run

Date; Dec. 4th 2010 (Saturday)

Time; Meet at McDonalds in Enumclaw @ 8AM, Leave @ 8:30AM for Greenwater.

This IS NOT a cruise. We drive up the same highway as everyone else. We do try to stay in a group. However, any rump roast hattery will be dealt with immediately and harshly. We do not tolerate this type of behaviour. This is a family event and must remain so. There are other people on the mountain and we MUST respect their presence as well. If someone besides myself approaches you and suggests that you might be getting a little out of hand please listen to them. It will be much better hearing it from them then me.

OK, all of that stuff out of the way.

This event has been going on for 11 yrs now. It is a fun get-together. We bring propane heaters, pop-ups, firewood for a (small) group fire, food is provided by you but we will have a couple of camp stoves to use if you'd like.

TREE PERMITS: These are available on the day we go up. The forest service sells them for $10.00 per permit. Any tree up to 12' is allowed to be removed.

VEHICLE REQUIREMENTS: 4wd/awd IS REQUIRED! Sorry, but this is a rule that we will not alter. You must have snow tires as well. It does get icy up there and trust me, you'll want to be prepared for that. Please bring extra clothes and a couple of blankets in the vehicle for safety purposes. Gloves and appropriate clothing. Last years was very cold!

We go up to have fun and hang out with old and new friends. This is not intended to be anything but that. Please come along and have a good time. Meet some new friends and see some old ones as well.

See ya there.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no more bottoming out in that silly impreza

-Andy

I'll have you know that last year I made it in my lowered imp 100 yards short of where the two monster unimogs were pulling out the stuck lifted trucks before I finally high centered. :P I played tortoise and the haire with 3 lifted ea81s the whole way up the hill.

That and I feel a hundred times more in control on the drive up there in the old imp.

More pics of xmas tree runs.

I think this first one was our first year.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=105&g2_serialNumber=1

picture.php?albumid=166&pictureid=2738

picture.php?albumid=166&pictureid=2740

picture.php?albumid=166&pictureid=2739

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=319&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=314&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=293&g2_serialNumber=1

Edited by Zap

This looks awesome!

I just have some questions about the vehicle requirements: You say that 4wd is required (of course) but is a D/R necessary?

And about having snow tires; is that also necessary, I have a very "hardcore" all-terrain, is that something that will work?

4WD with all-terrains should be fine. As long as they have tread on them. No baldies!

Ruh roh! I wonder if I should dig up a set of chains for the swampers that are on Waterwagon3, they are pretty used tires, and if I remember right, Swampers don't work that well in the snow even when they are new? :confused:

here is the "worn out" rear tire tread... enough to work in the snow? I've taken much worse to these events and done pretty well... (at least I have lots of experience to help ;) )

1053655408_SoTVz-S.jpg

I'm definitly making plans for this. I had a great time last year. Hey Zap, I might be able to keep up with you a little better this time with my built EA81 engine I put in my wagen. Andy, I'm sure your brat will go farther than your Impreza did last year, It'll be cool to see you up there.

Jesse

The wife is busy this year (:banana:), and I actually have a wagon that I can take offroad, so I will be making it up this year! I will have to see if some of my buddies can roll up there with me :D This gives me a month to install my paddle shifters and stereo as well :lol: I think I can do it!

Edited by eulogious

• 2 weeks later...
Hoping to have a rebuilt motor in my car by then. I'd love to come up. Might meet up in Greenwater, my place is right across from the 'ches. Can't wait for more snow. It was snowing today!

Cool, let me know and we can let you know when we'll roll through.