Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Reserved thread for endwrench articles.

I found some of the cached pdf files here:

http://www.google.com/#q=site:endwrench.com+endwrench&hl=en&prmd=iv&ei=7SoETejrHcKmnAeIu_nlDQ&start=90&sa=N&fp=c9f200e8d6433b2a

I printed out all that I could so I now have hard copies of them. I couldn't figure out how to save them to a directory on my computer. Sorry.

Edited by edrach

I realize this thread isn't for discussion, but I thought maybe an exception could be made for this info:

I did some poking around and it looks like the endwrench.com domain might have expired and been sucked up by one of those squatting registrars... With that said the site is actually still up and running. Spoke too soon, "Current Issue" is 2004. :(

You'll need to do the following to access it (WinXP instructions, other OS's similiar):

In notepad EDIT the following file: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

ADD the following two lines to the end of the file:

69.164.210.180 http://www.endwrench.com

69.164.210.180 endwrench.com

SAVE this file. Now you should be able to type in http://www.endwrench.com in your browser and view it. Let's hope that these guys are able to get control of their domain back... or register a new domain.

Cheers.

Edited by nickb21
Spoke too soon.

I realize this thread isn't for discussion, but I thought maybe an exception could be made for this info:

I did some poking around and it looks like the endwrench.com domain might have expired and been sucked up by one of those squatting registrars... With that said the site is actually still up and running. Spoke too soon, "Current Issue" is 2004. :(

You'll need to do the following to access it (WinXP instructions, other OS's similiar):

In notepad EDIT the following file: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

ADD the following two lines to the end of the file:

69.164.210.180 www.endwrench.com

69.164.210.180 endwrench.com

SAVE this file. Now you should be able to type in www.endwrench.com in your browser and view it. Let's hope that these guys are able to get control of their domain back... or register a new domain.

Cheers.

They did not "lose" their domain. They shut it down! It is part of voluntary lay-off/early retirement. I spoke with a few people inside of Subaru corp. They aparantly took the program and files with them when they left. I am trying to get contact info for the people in the know. We'll see what happens.

Now, if you know how to get in to cached files go ahead and try. Edrach found quite a few that way. See if you can find more of them.

Back to the articles please.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I Have a .pdf File about the EndWrench's Review of the Subaru EJ Engines, you can Download it by Doing a Click on my Avatar and you'll see it on the List of Manuals I Posted "Ready to Download" on my USMB's Public Profile.

Please: Let me Know what do you Think about that Endwrech's EJ Engine Review.

Kind Regards.

• 2 months later...

Son of a gun. You're right I just tried it again and it didn't work but I'm on a different computer now. I will check my other computer again tomorrow. What may have happened is it has DNS caching on it so it might be using an old IP address for the site. But either way if it is working tomorrow I will be downloading every PDF I can find on there!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...