Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Calling Mudrat

Jibs, I've attemted to call you several times on your # about powdercoating your stuff white, to no avail, so CALL ME TONITE IF YOU CAN......?????

All right John I'll call tonight. I have been checking my messages and I haven't seen any or have had messages lately. Maybe the roomate has erased them and forgot to tell me.:confused:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

skapickle.......I sent you a kit over a yr ago, I traced it to Denver From My end, I told you this, I then Offered to Build you a second Kit, But You would have to pay for CERTIFIED shipping so We could both trace it.....You then got into an accident with the car.....? After that, You were in contact sporadically, then dropped to nothing...?

Most of your Kit is still sitting in a box in My shop....If you pay for CERTIFIED SHIPPING I AM MORE THAN WILLING TO SHIP IT TO YOU.....

Dear John,

How can you trace shipping without a tracking number? If the kit was undeliverable, it would of been returned to sender. I know this because I called the USPS.

Now, where did you get the idea that I was in a accident with my Brat? It's sitting right here in my driveway just fine, awaiting a new 5spd D/R tranny conversion.

I hope that you understand my skepticism when you tell me that you shipped it (and couldn't provide me with any kind of tracking number, even though you told me you would ship it via USPS priority mail) and you actually asked for me to pay for another kit at half price and you would "ship it right out" I belive your words were... There was no previous conversation about just paying shipping for another kit....

The reason I haven't brought this up with you lately is because I guessed that this was an isolated incident and that I had no way of proving anything (and I really still don't, except for my $650 money order recepit with your name printed on it). But now that others have stepped up and complained about deals that have gone wrong with you I really don't feel so lonely...

How about sending some pics of this kit and we'll talk about somehow getting it to me.. trust me John I'm a forgiving person ... I'd like to right this....

Please don't let another 50 posts and multiple phone calls go by before you say something. PM me or something bro!!

-Steve

Ok, I realized that I didn't post this in my last post.

John is a great guy. He knows what he is doing and does it well. When I got my EA81 wagon and wanted to work on it...he told me to come over and he'll show me some things. This was like 2 or 3 weeks before WCSS6. I cam e over there and met Brad (subaru_styles). They were in the process of creating his RX wagon. I would stay and help 'till like 12 AM and leave, but they would stay up till 5 or even all night. They finally got the RX Wagon rolling. Brad took off a first time and then spun a cup in his rear axle (It was an AWD RX tranny) so john towed it back and replaced the axle for Brad. Then Brad was driving it down I-5 and blew his engine(probably racing VW's), not really but it was an old engine, that wasn't used to the new spider intake and such. John told Brad to bring the car back and we'll work on it. John put off his projects (the weeble-wooble) to get Brad rolling again. We spent endless nights to swap a new engine in, but in the end, the engine wouldn't run after it was warmed up.

Let's see, in the three weeks I was at John's...they worked on Austins EJ conversion, Brad's RX wagon, made about 4 or 5 bumpers, and helped countless subaru's get going again.

As John would be working, people would show up to his house and ask for help or a part, and John would oblige. When I was helping out there, I noticed that John's kids would come out and see what he was up to...or ask for him to put them to bed, Like a great father, he put his family first.

As for bumpers or anything that needs to be bent, let me say this. The bender he has isn't that fastest in the world...in fact, it may be the slowest power driven bender in the world. But it gets the job done.

I helped John from July to September, but stopped after that because I have college and work to juggle. I would like to spend more time there, he's a cool guy and working on Subarus is cool too, but I have a little thing called LIFE that gets in my way, DANG LIFE!:rolleyes:

Now he has a job and is Mr. Mom when gets home. That doesn't leave much time for him to work in his shop. Although he is making a great attempt to connect all the ends together with everyone. Just next time, everyone, don't pay full price up front if you don't trust him...maybe half price or the price of materials and once he has it completed, pay the rest.

Good Day,

Justin Johnson

as far as I am concerned y'all are barking up the wrong tree with all of these threats at Jon. he is a busy man with kids to feed and a REAL JOB that takes up all of his days. when does have a second to breathe he is spending it dealing with real folks that take the time to engage in an intelligent conversation, show up as his house and work with him to get their cars running. im my opinion y'all that are so g o d d a m n e d concerned with the vanity of your automobiles should hike your skirts up and wait for Jon - a guy who is over worked and under-apreciated - to get the job done right on his time and quit your quibbling over some stupid bumpers.

I've only met the man once; but him and a friend of mine did some pretty amazing things to a gen 1 brat when they were working together. He is honest and hard working and would always give me the time of day despite the fact we only had a 20 minute conversation and had a handshake.

So I guess what im trying to say is quit your b i t c h i n g.

Neal Fair

Eugene Original Gangsta

WOW! I'm not sure if I should feel insulted by your comments, but I am. I can understand if you didn't take the time to read through the full thread here as it is quite lengthy, but I feel my concern (not threats) is justified. To reiterate: I paid John $720 on December 11, 2004 for a set of bumpers which were promised before Christmas of last year. That and several other dates were missed. (He has explained why each date was missed - no need to rehash those.) In 3 more days, it will be 9 months I have been waiting patiently for my prepaid bumpers. I even attended WCSS7 and met him, but still no bumpers. I understand John's committment to job and family. I just wish he had the same committment to his customers. I am sure he will come through, but the timeliness of it is a concern. As to vanity of my Brat, it is an exceptionally nice car, and I am proud of it, but I am most concerned with the business aspect of a deal made and not yet delivered on. Unfortunately, I do not have the luxury of being able to drop in on him and insist on the completion of my job. I look forward to the day when I can report (and I will) when I have received my bumpers as the original deal prescribed. I am happy that you place so much trust in him. That lends credence to his honesty, but unfortunately does nothing for closing the deal which has remained unfullfilled for almost 9 months now.If you did not direct your comments (***************ing, g/d'd, vanity,...) toward me, I appologize. If indeed you did mean to include me, I would suggest you frequent yourself with the entire thread so you know that of which you speak.

as far as I am concerned y'all are barking up the wrong tree with all of these threats at Jon. he is a busy man with kids to feed and a REAL JOB that takes up all of his days. when does have a second to breathe he is spending it dealing with real folks that take the time to engage in an intelligent conversation, show up as his house and work with him to get their cars running. im my opinion y'all that are so g o d d a m n e d concerned with the vanity of your automobiles should hike your skirts up and wait for Jon - a guy who is over worked and under-apreciated - to get the job done right on his time and quit your quibbling over some stupid bumpers.

I've only met the man once; but him and a friend of mine did some pretty amazing things to a gen 1 brat when they were working together. He is honest and hard working and would always give me the time of day despite the fact we only had a 20 minute conversation and had a handshake.

Neal Fair

Eugene Original Gangsta

Neal Fair

Eugene Original Gangsta

if i was out even 50 bucks id be ***************ing... hoopygl must have more money than brains.

FLOW.......I got your letter in the mail, You should be seeing the Return envelope Soon.....I even wrote a new bill of sale for you....Cause I'm such a Bad guy....I won't go on and on about how Our original deal was for a Ready to rock trail Rig, for 2200.00 or how I delivered the thing for Free, or how I let you jew me down to 1800.00 cause there was a bit of rust on the thing....Instead of just keeping it on the trailer and bringing it back home to sell....????

Yeah John, let's not go on about how our original deal was for a rust free trail rig with a 5 speed D/R tranny swap, ready to rock. Or how when you delivered it, it didn't have a 5 speed tranny or how the tires that you had on it rubbed or how the alt died on the drive home. Ready to rock... right. So this is what you call "a bit of rust", and this isn't the bad spot either. There is also cancer in the Drivers side rocker making it's way up to the lower door hinge.

IMG_1656.jpg

Yeah, we renegotiated the price because you didn't delilver the product we agreed upon. If I had let you "keep it on the trailer and bring it back home to sell" I would be here trying to get the 1200$ I fronted you in good faith instead of a title. In trying to get the title, I sent you a self addressed stamped envelope because the mysteries and complexities of the U.S. Post office seem to be to much for you, but still nothing. I won't hold my breath. You, Sir, are worthless. I didn't "jew" you down or out of anything. Take your racial slurs, and shove them up your a$$.

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure if anyone's said this....but northguy, I applaud you for your patience, and yet persistence on the matter! despite the time, you haven't given up, nor have you gotton [openly] angry and offensive. Good form!! it's too bad it doesn't seem to be helping.

I'm not sure if anyone's said this....but northguy, I applaud you for your patience, and yet persistence on the matter! despite the time, you haven't given up, nor have you gotton [openly] angry and offensive. Good form!! it's too bad it doesn't seem to be helping.

Anger isn't going to get me my money back. But in the process, over 2,500 people have read this post, and over 4,000 people have read the other one. One day the money will come. John has always claimed to be honest. He has said "don't worry. You'll get your money back." I trust he's honest. I trust he'll come through. I don't think he's a thief. I don't think he's a bad guy. I just want my money. I don't think that's unreasonable.

Anger isn't going to get me my money back. But in the process, over 2,500 people have read this post, and over 4,000 people have read the other one. One day the money will come. John has always claimed to be honest. He has said "don't worry. You'll get your money back." I trust he's honest. I trust he'll come through. I don't think he's a thief. I don't think he's a bad guy. I just want my money. I don't think that's unreasonable.

Having had only 2 bad experiences in my brief length of trade,I think that a comittee should be formed in each grouping to ensure fair dealing.If there are 2 sides to a situation,present them.Truth rises like cream.

Ed

Having had only 2 bad experiences in my brief length of trade,I think that a comittee should be formed in each grouping to ensure fair dealing.If there are 2 sides to a situation,present them.Truth rises like cream.

Ed

This world does not need more comittees. What it needs is people that follow through.

John, why don't you respond. I have sent you e-mails, and private messages. I saw you on-line a few minutes ago and sent you another PM. You have always said not to worry, you're an honest guy, but it seems loke you're blowing me off. I hope that is not the case. Open communication is the first step forward in honesty.

I have John working on some stuff for me and have been trying to call him and pm him for the last week to no avail. I did however get a pm from his wife today right around the same time you saw his name on line saying that John is in the hospital with an infection from an abseced(sp) tooth. So thats why he has not been responding in the last week to me anyways. Just thought I would let you know.

Ken

North guy....Not blowing you off...

As I stated previously....Your Money is tied up in steel....I bought originally, and lost then had to buy again and had it locked up, then bought a 3rd time and Have sitting.....I have been out of my other job now for coming on 5 weeks, and Had no extra $$$ flowing in....as soon as I get the extra Flow In You will get your $$ back....

Yes it was my Wife online yesterday getting ahold of Ken for me....

I am not one to sit here and Cry or Whine about my personal issues, but there have been several for me this Month...I am not blowing anyone off...Just have to catch back up to the swing of things ....My face has thrown me way of track....

Jibs...I've not forgotten you either....:)

Talk soon, John

John thanks for the response. Keep me posted. You have my paypal account info.

North guy....Not blowing you off...

As I stated previously....Your Money is tied up in steel....I bought originally, and lost then had to buy again and had it locked up, then bought a 3rd time and Have sitting.....I have been out of my other job now for coming on 5 weeks, and Had no extra $$$ flowing in....as soon as I get the extra Flow In You will get your $$ back....

Yes it was my Wife online yesterday getting ahold of Ken for me....

I am not one to sit here and Cry or Whine about my personal issues, but there have been several for me this Month...I am not blowing anyone off...Just have to catch back up to the swing of things ....My face has thrown me way of track....

Jibs...I've not forgotten you either....:)

Talk soon, John

I have John working on some stuff for me and have been trying to call him and pm him for the last week to no avail. I did however get a pm from his wife today right around the same time you saw his name on line saying that John is in the hospital with an infection from an abseced(sp) tooth. So thats why he has not been responding in the last week to me anyways. Just thought I would let you know.

Ken

Whatever......