Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WCSS8 Where will it be?

It would be great to get feedback for what people would like to see happening so we can prepare now instead of later. If we get the stars aligned we may be able to through one hell of a show!!!

James

regardless of where and when the WCSS8 will be I think it would be cool if we (the subaru offroad community) could set up some type of compitition , more specialized toward ,rally, offroad , , there could be a hill climb compitition, mud bog compitition, , rally course ,, technical course , car show aimed towards "Offroad" , etc., ect., something for everyone who likes to take thier car and skills to the limit offroad, if we get organized thier could even be a event every other month or every quarter, up and down the coast, one meet could be in NW wash another SW WA , another in NW OR, and so on , the kick off to get the interest and ball rolling could be held at the AA Factory with all its amentities

Scott

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before you guys go getting all gung ho, know that Ken and I are still the organizers and haven't let go of the wheel. We'll let you know.

Understandable, didn't mean to step on anyone's toes. Please look into this idea for its potential. Thanks for all of the hard work allready done to make the WCSS the awsome event that it is!

-Chris

As far as a site for rallycross this would be great. A few years back ORG used to do one/year at the county fairgrounds near St. Helens so I'm sure the entry would be okay with it. I'd like it since it would be about 50 miles closer for me than Hillsboro.

No Ed, you are right on. At the October ORG meeting that was one of the topics of discussion to have a few events on the property. It has great fields for rallycross.

Anyway there is plenty of potential for WCSS8 to be held there.

If anyone has any suggestions or comments on this topic of WCSS8 locations please feel free to share them since we have awhile before the next show.

Well if I know in Advance everything can be assembled with actual functional and prize winning events!!! MUD ha! We got lots of mud more mad than you can shake a stick at. Anyways, if the guys who coordinate WCSS events don't want to throw the event here (Even though we have everything needed to throw one, massive parking, Under cover party bars, a hotel (b&B), offroading areas, maybe even a sanctioned speed event, spectator areas, parking for a car show, etc.... the list goes on). We could always throw a different style of event! Actually the WCSS events have always been a little later in the year like spring, thats when the mudd starts drying up. Maybe they could hold the event earlier the year? OR we can do something different and call it the Subaru MUD Festival.

OR we can do something different and call it the Subaru MUD Festival.

That would be a good idea. The WCSS's don't happen till Summer, I can't think of any that have happened in the Spring. . .

For the record, we are a non-profit organization. Neither Ken or I make any money doing this, we do spend our own though.

We are about bringing Soob enthusiasts (Pacific North West Subaru Enthusiasts Club put it together in the first place) together, and not about greed and profit. Period.

Well if I know in Advance everything can be assembled with actual functional and prize winning events!!! MUD ha! We got lots of mud more mad than you can shake a stick at. Anyways, if the guys who coordinate WCSS events don't want to throw the event here (Even though we have everything needed to throw one, massive parking, Under cover party bars, a hotel (b&B), offroading areas, maybe even a sanctioned speed event, spectator areas, parking for a car show, etc.... the list goes on). We could always throw a different style of event!
Actually the WCSS events have always been a little later in the year like spring, thats when the mudd starts drying up. Maybe they could hold the event earlier the year? OR we can do something different and call it the Subaru MUD Festival.

What? Nobody around there has a Water Truck? We have had to do this a few times at previous shows. What I miss is the RallyX events and mud pits :brow:

thats going to be a decent drive for my gen 1...:rolleyes:

but it drove home last year on bad wheel bearings, a clicking axle, and lacking a speedometer for half the trip!

w00t i'm so there... where ever it may be...:D

Eric? Ken? what say you?:-p

nah seriously... there is no rush... not yet anyway... still got lots o' time to figure everything out...

and also, if i get this straight... that land is AA land? so actually paying for the venue, like the last 2 years(i unno about before that since i wasn't there) won't be an issue?

obviously i'm not saying the show will be free, (it practically was already) but it should save Eric and Ken dishing out extra bucks like they did the years before... (thanks you guys!)

but ya, i'm there!

I'm sure that Ken and Eric will tell us when the time is ready, so why don't we back off and let them take care of it. When they finally have their fill of putting on these shows, they'll let us know. Then you guys with all the great idea can organize the following show after that and find out just what a pain it is to put on one of these shows.

that place i went to do the sand drags at in the rx

has lots of trails mud pits the sand drag track plenty of parking

and camping spots a huge atv/motocross area we could prolly go play on

plenty of room for a rallycross area

anyone think i should go talk to the owners and see if they would be interested in it?

The AA site looks awesome and I'm sure it will garner due consideration. Lots of Subaru friendly amenities and willing owners (valuable!) Definately a good central location.

Hood River was an adequate venue, seemed to work ok, mud pit, rally cross, indoor vender area, food. It was a little hot for the tents with not too many trees for shade.

The Olympia/Thurston ORV park just re-opened, it was used before, I wasn't at the show but people seemed to like it. They are really pushing hard to book events to try and get the thing off and running to keep it open. The motorcylce, offroad and rally communities all came together about 6 weeks ago to clean it up and get it open. There are numerous trails and stuff there.

The Shelton Fairgrounds worked pretty good.

Keep the ideas coming, any recon we can do will save the organizers time and trouble. Definately not too early to start planning a big event.