Ultimate Subaru Message Board

note to self WAS WRONG... real problem pics inside... blah

scrap487

well, I got my 6" strut extensions from AA today, and I got the struts bolted together and on today, car is back on the ground. I'm really stoked about all that... w/ the 23" tires on there the front bumper like comes up to my waist, and I'm gonna be making 30's fit on that thing :slobber:

anyways, point for this post is... I thought for some stupid reason the strut extensions would be interchangable from right and left, so I didnt bother making sure I had the right one on either side... well everything was going so easy I was amazed, I was like, wasnt I supposed to pound out part of the wheel well to make these things fit? well, apparently that was way too good to be true, you wouldnt believe what my camber looks like. so now I'm just taking a small break before I go back to take it all apart again.... BLAH :banghead::banghead::banghead:

ok you're missing the point, its a 6inch lift, and it IS on the ground with all the weight on it. although there is an engine and a transfercase in the back with some tools, but I dont think that should raise up the front that much if at all...

oh yeah, also after thinking about it... isnter there supposed to be a 22 degree angle or so on the struts? I dont remember seeing much of an angle if any on the strut tops I got from AA... call em tomorrow and see whats up

how much drop do you have at the tranny?! part of it is just life, a lifted soob will have alot of positive camber, especially right after install. some of it will settle out. the other part is those control arm angles, that's what pulls the bottom of the wheel in, so either your suspension REALLY will settle out (have you driven it at all?), or you've only got like 4" blocks at the tranny/engine....

other than that....looks awesome!! :headbang:

how much drop do you have at the tranny?! part of it is just life, a lifted soob will have alot of positive camber, especially right after install. some of it will settle out. the other part is those control arm angles, that's what pulls the bottom of the wheel in, so either your suspension REALLY will settle out (have you driven it at all?), or you've only got like 4" blocks at the tranny/engine....

other than that....looks awesome!! :headbang:

well to tell the truth, I still need to make my blocks for the tranny(right now its just hanging there), I would be doing that right now but the neighbors wouldnt like to hear my chop saw this late at night for the next hour or so... I havent driven it at all, need to extend shift linkages and get brakelines first... the struts havent had any weight on them for about a week ago when I had taken them off, could that cause some of this?

well to tell the truth, I still need to make my blocks for the tranny(right now its just hanging there), I would be doing that right now but the neighbors wouldnt like to hear my chop saw this late at night for the next hour or so... I havent driven it at all, need to extend shift linkages and get brakelines first... the struts havent had any weight on them for about a week ago when I had taken them off, could that cause some of this?

ok, get everything finished and put together, than drive it at least around the block, THEN you can panic

attachment.php?attachmentid=3375

that is your problem right there, once you get everything else put together, those control arms will be more parallel to....well, anything....and the camber will get alot better

Mine looks the same! Don't have any weight in it as the engine is out but expect it to straighten out once the weight is back in and driven some. Don't know about other lifts as I have the AA one but it is set up with 2.5" tranny blocks as opposed to the 4" blocks on the engine cradel and rear assembly. Stumpy

just go wheelin it will work.

heres what mine looks like , the cross member is dropped 2 " and the struts 3-1/2 " so it has a little more camber then stock ,also the higher you go and the larger the tire it just looks more noticable , remember your building this to improve offroad proformence , it will handle worse on the freeway then it did in stock form,

9463Dsc01830.jpg

but but but... the tranny mount is hanging exactly 6" below the frame, putting the blocks in and bolting them up wouldnt make a big differance, but either way, its all coming back together bad camber or not...

well, I don't know what to tell you there, but I can tell by those control arms, the geometry is not stock, it might just be the weight in the back and the front not settled....

SJR....bumper.....want.......NOW!!

Got your PM, it looks like you will be stopping by the shop for the adjustments. you might want to put everything back together first and go to an alignment shop before you worry yourself to death. Also you may have your struts turned up! Yes your front struts are adjustable so please make sure to turn them down if they haven't been allready and then reply back.

You will have quite a bit when the suspension first hits the ground. I have about 15 degree's when my suspension is at full droop. And it stays there untill I drive it, or you can jump up and down on the front to help settle it some. I've got 0 camber on mine, although I have a different set-up on the struts, and don't know anything about AA's stuff.

You will have quite a bit when the suspension first hits the ground. I have about 15 degree's when my suspension is at full droop. And it stays there untill I drive it, or you can jump up and down on the front to help settle it some. I've got 0 camber on mine, although I have a different set-up on the struts, and don't know anything about AA's stuff.

mmk... well I'm gonna take the engine out of the back, and hook everything up so I can drive it and we'll find out I guess. I just figure since its not springs and stuff and that its just blocks that nothing would need to settle... o well.

You dont have the engine in it! Thats part of teh problem the front end is probably doing a wheelie. But fifteen degrees! Even if the engine is out I don't know if it would settle the front end that much to counter 15? Keep us updated the suspense is killing me and my company.

no the engine is in it, but I have a spare in the back that needs to come out :-p

I dont mean to slam your company, you guys are GREAT and pretty helpful... i kinda wish I could delete this thread cause it turned into a differant kinda monster...