Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Fancy Subaru key blanks with LED lighting.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 17 December 2007 - 08:30 PM

Someone resurrected a three year old thread on key blanks recently and I found the following link in it:

http://www.subaru-sv...841&postcount=8

Odd, I went searching for the thread today and couldn't find the thread so I'm starting my own. However, I digress, sorry.

The key blanks mentioned in the link are still available from the dealer if you can persuade them to order it for you. (Jason at the Auburn, WA dealership is ordering a set for me 1-866-528-5282).

The reason I bring this up is that key blanks from any locksmith result in the DA25 Nissan version. That works fine in my '91 Legacy, '97 Impreza, and even my '84 Brat! The dealer won't cut the keys for me, but I'll take the key blanks to my friendly neighborhood locksmith and I'll be set. Cool keys for all three of my cars!:)

Nice stocking stuffers for your better half too.;)

#2 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,604 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 17 December 2007 - 08:48 PM

i love that key blank.

So these will work in a Outback? I mean i have a remote, but that key was handy for a lot of things. What was the damage?

nipper

#3 e4620

e4620

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Rockaway

Posted 17 December 2007 - 09:04 PM

I remember those things, had one on an old 1990 legacy.

I think I'll have to order a set, they were usefull. Thanks for the part number :headbang:

#4 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 19,989 posts
  • WV

Posted 17 December 2007 - 09:26 PM

there's another one out there that's a bit different than this one, cooler in my opinion but i'm biased. XT6's all came with a lighted key blank as well and they are still available i think. i bought 4 or 5 last year.

#5 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 17 December 2007 - 09:35 PM

i love that key blank.

So these will work in a Outback? I mean i have a remote, but that key was handy for a lot of things. What was the damage?

nipper

Should work on your Outback. Best way to tell is if your Outback uses a DA25 keyblank.
$12.20 each if I remember correctly.

#6 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 17 December 2007 - 09:39 PM

I remember those things, had one on an old 1990 legacy.

I think I'll have to order a set, they were usefull. Thanks for the part number :headbang:

Rockaway, NJ! My wife and I bought our first house in White Meadow Lake many years ago. We lived in Rockaway until we moved to Delaware. Small world.

#7 x_25

x_25

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 10:49 PM

Rockaway, NJ! My wife and I bought our first house in White Meadow Lake many years ago. We lived in Rockaway until we moved to Delaware. Small world.

Even smaller world. I live about 15min from Rockaway.

#8 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 17 December 2007 - 11:06 PM

Even smaller world. I live about 15min from Rockaway.

I lived all over that area. I lived in Elizabeth, Irvington, Union, South Orange, Livingston, Marcella, Boonton, Dover, and Rockaway. Over the course of 32 years. Lots of people knock NJ, but very few really know much about it. Twenty years of rally in that area and you get to see the best of the state.

#9 Durania

Durania

• Members
  • 3,113 posts
  • Crossville, TN

Posted 18 December 2007 - 12:50 AM

I plan on seeing if the dealer has one in stock when I go down there on Wednesday, I will upload some pics if they do.

#10 dude_4_sale

dude_4_sale

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Orlando

Posted 18 December 2007 - 03:39 PM

any chance that this will work on a 94 loyale? how do i find out what key blank i use?

#11 RallyKeith

RallyKeith

Got Subaru(s)?

• Members
  • 1,486 posts
  • Reading, Pa

Posted 18 December 2007 - 04:10 PM

any chance that this will work on a 94 loyale? how do i find out what key blank i use?

My 88 RX came with a key that has an LED, so there is defenitely a part number that will work on a 94 Loyale, just not this one.

#12 grossgary

grossgary

• Members
  • 19,989 posts
  • WV

Posted 18 December 2007 - 06:11 PM

i posted a picture and part number of a stock XT6 lighted Key blank on the other key blank thread.

i think this EJ key should work just fine, can't they cut it properly to fit? if not the XT6 key should work, i'd imagine it's an EA style key....works in the XT6 and XT's...which are EA82's.

#13 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,604 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 18 December 2007 - 06:29 PM

Got mine :)

nipper

#14 dude_4_sale

dude_4_sale

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Orlando

Posted 18 December 2007 - 10:56 PM

thanx guys can i get the part # or someway to track the xt key and see if it will match?

#15 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 19 December 2007 - 01:45 AM

thanx guys can i get the part # or someway to track the xt key and see if it will match?

Take your XT key to a locksmith and ask what key blank he needs to make a duplicate. If it's a DA25 use the p/n from the original post, get the LED key, and take it back to the locksmith and have him cut it for you.

#16 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,604 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 19 December 2007 - 01:48 AM

My spare key says DA25 on it :)

nipper

#17 dude_4_sale

dude_4_sale

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Orlando

Posted 19 December 2007 - 03:19 AM

i have a loyale not a xt. so if yall think it should work then i will try. thanx

#18 johnceggleston

johnceggleston

Lite Master of the Subaru

• Gold Subscribers
  • 6,382 posts
  • Virginia

Posted 19 December 2007 - 08:22 AM

i have a loyale not a xt. so if yall think it should work then i will try. thanx

ask a lock smith or try your key in an outback ignition. if it slides in easily then it's the same blank, DON'T FORCE IT.. (it won't turn).

#19 pasubie2

pasubie2

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 01:37 PM

Thats cool, very cool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users