Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Holy subaru god's

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a very clean wagon! Congrats. I would recommend you service the coolant hose for the turbo. This hose can and has split on ea82t's and as your pumping your coolant out of the engine the temp gauge will not register the overheating as its no longer in water, and overheating will kill your engine! I think this is a big part of the "hate" towards this engine. I have 3 and will be swapping 2 for ej's, the 3rd im not keeping. Cooling system upkeep is critical. Does your temp gauge run about 1/4 scale? If so you may want to replace your temp sender..better yet an auxillary temp gauge is highly recommended and easy to install ( buy a good quality name brand gauge) and stay with oem on hoses and senders.

And most importantly, enjoy your new ride:)

the price you pay is what you think it is worth.:rolleyes:

i love my sedan i paid a 1,000 for it and it had 300,000 when i bought it. many would think that was too much for a car with such high miles but after researching and finding this board i knew that what i was willing to pay:rolleyes:.

original price was like 1400 but i got him down to 1,000 cash. :grin:

still have it to this day. i dont get to drive it much at all right now. but i got new parts and body work and it will see the road again. congets on the find and what ever you do enjoy!!!!:banana:

Don't let the turbo haters bring you down. I love my turbo! I got 209,000 on the clock and still going strong on the original motor and trans(4eat)! Some people would say that I paid alot for my car (about 1/2 what you paid, but it had 195,000 on it, not 95,000), but it's all in what you want. I was looking for a good interior, and a straight body with most of the options. The drive terrain on these cars is so easy to swap, who cares what it is! If it breaks, put in better! So when I found one that ran perfect and had very little issues, I didn't think twice about it, and I still don't regret that decision and it's been 9 months and I still am very happy with my turbo :)

If the car was well taken care of, then you too should get lots of miles out of yours! Looks really clean. I would keep it stock as well, since you already have the lifted subie, keep this one stock and clean!

I would add some better tunes to it, since you got the nice head unit and speakers, add some amps and make it a sweet DD :) I think there might be a stereo install thread around here somewhere... :lol:

That is one sweet looking, super clean Turbo Wagon!!

(not sure i like the turd brown color tho! LOL)

having every scrap of paper on it's maintenance history is a BIG bonus - I think you did just fine price wise for what you got.

Take good care of her & enjoy!!

Very nice find, you will have a great ride in that one. When I found my RX I felt the same way. Nice older Subarus are getting very rare and should be taken care of. The opinions of some should not get you down as it is your car and is worth what ever you think it is. Enjoy it and take care of it and it will give you many years of service.

Nice find, that wagon looks clean! Don't worry about how much you paid; there aren't many around in that kind of shape with low miles. I paid a little over $2k for my 91 EA82, which came with a resealed motor and was (also) in very good shape. I use it as my daily driver and will probably swap-in an EJ22 in a few years.

P1030494.jpg

First, the wagon is very nice. Tex would love to have it!

The rest of you haters...

I am going to start deleting posts that are purely EA82T hate filled posts. I for one am tired of them. They fail just like any other engine. If you neglect something it will fail. If you maintain it, it will last.

And price, tsk, tsk, don't beat him up because he paid more than you would. He is comfortable with it, so be it!

Sorry to rain on your tootsie roll parade but there are very *few* people that would dream about owning one of those - especially at that unholy price. That's just nuts. Seriously?!? $2700 for an EA82T?

It's not April fools is it? Why didn't you people tell me it was still April!?!?! :lol:

Sorry dude, but you got took. I have bought near-mint gen 1 Legacy's for under $1000 and I just bought a '97 with 147k on it and very clean for $1700.

GD

Yeah, thats a nightmare in my eyes.... $3000 for a car with an engine you are almost guaranteed to rebuild in the next year.

No thanks.

p.s.

Don't wheel it, you'll hate yourself even more when you do.

GD, GTFO already. You don't live in the Midwest. Have you tried to find such a vehicle out here at all? Seriously get your head out of your rump roast already! Your responses like this are one of the main reasons why I dropped out of this forum a year ago and I'm about to do the same thing for the same reason.

I'm with Rob on this one.

My parents always taught me that if I didn't have anything good to say then don't say anything.

You are all out of line!

Rick, stop preaching!

Brian, just stop.

Cobb, follow your own advice!

I love that color actually.

Its a nice shade of Brown.

Congratulations on getting it.

$2700 is a pretty good price, esp considering you have practically every

receipt since the car was bought.

I highly recommend you keep exactly as it is.

It may not be too valuable right now, but in 10 years or so its probably

gonna be a valuable as an EA81 turbo coupe.

Oh, and do the same thing as that little old lady, keep every receipt, do

everything at the dealer, or reputable mechanic, and that baby will be worth

a mint in the future.

I wouldn't care if its an EA82T.

If anything has been maintained like that, I would buy it.

Even if its a Maserati Bi-Turbo :eek:

And thank you Qman, I hate to see a good wagon thread get trashed with

bad commentary.

Twitch

I think its sweet. If you mess with it you will destroy any collectible value it had.

If you decide you dont want it I bet you could try and export it to the east coast.

FYI those wagon wheels are not genuine subaru ones. They are les schwab ones.

Bring it to WCSS12 and see if you can get best gen 3 :slobber:

Anyone else notice the 5sp push button shifter with the dual range shifter as well. Am I seeiing things or is it really there?

I'm not 100%, but I don't thing that's a pushbutton shifter. The pushbutton ones are square-er looking.......