Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A blank canvas

......on which to paint a masterpiece. This is my 1980 hatch. the second Subie I ever owned (I think I'm on #10 now), and this has always been my favorite. This baby is as clean as you ill find them, no rust at all. i am ready to put it back together after i just got it painted. I took this off the road a couple years ago and have dragged my feet, but it is time! my blank canvas has arrived.

this is an interesting model, too. It was tagged "1800 DL automatic. It was one of the first models to have an ea81. Anyways, enjoy the pics. You wish this was in your driveway. It is really gutted and ready to be put together. I have so much sweet cheese for this car I won't even begin........

000_2362.jpg

000_2364.jpg

000_2365.jpg

000_2366.jpg

000_2367.jpg

000_2368.jpg

000_2369.jpg

000_2370.jpg

That is very nice! So what's the plan with it? Straight restore with a lift?

GD

the plan is this- put together my ultimate car. I drove this as a daily driver for a while and grew to love it. Over the years I've collected everything I came acrossed that would make this sweet- I've got a perfect interior, xt 6 seats, lsd, louvers, roof rack, every piece of trim they ever threw on these cars. I just figure if I'm going to drive around in a 30 year old car, it should be a really cool one. It will be a two seater with a boot behind the seats for my dog to ride in comfort. I wouldn't really call it a restore. Give me the winter and I'll show you guys something real nice.

the plan is this- put together my ultimate car. I drove this as a daily driver for a while and grew to love it. Over the years I've collected everything I came acrossed that would make this sweet- I've got a perfect interior, xt 6 seats, lsd, louvers, roof rack, every piece of trim they ever threw on these cars. I just figure if I'm going to drive around in a 30 year old car, it should be a really cool one. It will be a two seater with a boot behind the seats for my dog to ride in comfort. I wouldn't really call it a restore. Give me the winter and I'll show you guys something real nice.

it's about time you actually use those :grin:

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...