Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Show me your new gen Subis, please!

Hi!

I would like to see all your newer generation Subarus, if you dont mind.

Here is mine to start with. It is a 1999 Legacy 2.0 GL AWD Sedan with 5MT and without dual/range (only the stationwagon had it). It´s got 156.000 almost troublefree miles on the clock and is running wonderful.

I want to keep it as long as possible, let´s see how long it runs. It is completely stock and I don´t want to change that, it is perfect how it is. Fast on the Autobahn, uses not much fuel, comfortable and reliable. What more could you want.

I am the third owner, but I know the former two owners well. They looked very good after the Legacy, so it is in phantastic condition for it´s age and mileage.

bild1cac.jpg

bild2u.jpg

bild3a.jpg

Now show yours!

Lukas

So here she is: A 1999 Impreza plus 1.6 AWD. The 1.6 was the basic version with no airbags, ABS or A/C. But with dual range gearbox. The engine is bi-fueled with LPG using direct injection. Now about 76k miles (I got her 2 years ago with 30k miles)

Here in Latvian winter at 0 F searching for christmass tree in the forest

img9045zp.jpg

Using my winter tyres on 14 inch alloys i got for free :D (in mint condition) just moved my winter tyres from steel to alloy

img9046s.jpg

Long wide white roads in Latvia

img9044u.jpg

Getting propane at low temperatures is nice because it fits more and you get more. Not being bothered about the back of the car :D

img9565k.jpg

Latvian midsummer decoration. With 80% dirt roads and some rain it got nicely dirty. Here on summer rims 15 inch.

img5346r.jpg

No interiour shots, it is just so standard.

Yeah it's too bad. Were you a member on the local Subaru forum?? Nice looking Impreza!!

I wasn't on any forums back then. I wish I was though. I had some VERY unqualified people work on my car for me before I knew much about it myself. Looking back now I wish I had thought to join the forum and meet some people who actually knew what they were doing! Could have saved me a lot of headaches and a lot of money! But she's happy now! (Now that I've had competent people work on her [ahem, GD] and have started learning to work on her myself!)

I kept the sticker from Norm's Used Cars in Wiscasset, Me on the back though, just to represent the North East out here in Seattle! And to make sure she doesn't forget her roots! :D

Where do you live in Austria, Lukas? We were there last month--stayed in a B&B in Golling, south of Salzburg. Absolutely beautiful. Every morning I'd step outside and felt like breaking into "The hills are alive . . . with the Sound of Music!" :)