Ultimate Subaru Message Board
Pooparu

Just First Generation Subaru Photos!

Im second owner of my 76 4 door dl got it 100% original for a 100 dollar bill. Currently gettin complete resto

nice 74-76 Leone in Vista Blue....

with beautiful wheels and trims....

excellent project....

the roof baggage stand was original,optional or aftermarket equippment???

Edited by 1000 Pistes

From Beginning to End. 1979 GL. Abandoned in 2001, Rescued in 2015, Sold in 2018.

15fkxfo.jpg

2vkf85k.jpg

j6oojn.jpg

vhaqrs.jpg

nyeoa9.jpg

Edited by Subasaurus
  • Like 1

Abandoned in 1993, Rescued in 2017, Work still in progress as of 6/14/18, but has been road worthy since 2/1/18 (will update with 1 more picture in a few weeks)

29cqaea.jpg

1z31owm.jpg

Edited by Subasaurus
  • Like 1

In the past three months my 1977 wagon has come a long way. Look three posts up in this thread to see where I started! It's undergone some cutting and filling of rust holes, a new paint job, coaxing the old engine back into running shape, and it's registered and street legal for the first time since 1984. I've been daily driving it for the last week and it's great. This weekend I installed a Weber and an MSD ignition. I'm still trying to track down the cause of a part-throttle miss/stumble and occasional backfire; I'm hoping that will be solved once I've tracked down all the vacuum leaks and get a new exhaust built, the current exhaust is rusted through and falling apart in many places. And I've got a few boxes with new brake parts ready to go on when I have the time, plus I still have some aftermarket wheels in the plans.

43506646025_814e9bf6f6_b.jpgFirst time on the road by Jason Ahrns, on Flickr

43506645265_f833a12385_b.jpgFirst time on the road by Jason Ahrns, on Flickr

43506644605_db5d38827b_b.jpgFirst time on the road by Jason Ahrns, on Flickr

43506643705_d73615c0c2_b.jpgFirst time on the road by Jason Ahrns, on Flickr

• Like 1

12 hours ago, musubk said:

I hope nobody minds if I start posting a lot in this thread now

30775632458_5421e53706_b.jpg

first stage Subaru's are pretty rare now a days, i definetly don't mind, love the grille, and i'd much better see 100 pictures of an early Subie than another common picture of some BRZ, or WRX.

also did you paint it yourself?

Edited by Subasaurus

9 hours ago, Subasaurus said:

first stage Subaru's are pretty rare now a days, i definetly don't mind, love the grille, and i'd much better see 100 pictures of an early Subie than another common picture of some BRZ, or WRX.

also did you paint it yourself?

I did paint it myself, my first time painting a car. I was expecting it to be not so good but it came out pretty nice.

13 hours ago, HawaiiBrat said:

Got pics of your engine bay? How do you like the MSD ignition?

I don't really have any good engine bay pics yet, I still have a few hoses left over from the Weber swap that I need to take care of, and clean everything in there up, then I'll get some good shots of it.

It's a lot easier to cold start now with the MSD installed. I used to have to crank it for 10 seconds, now it turns over almost instantly. I'm not sure how much it really helped beyond that. I had issues with misfiring under load and I think the MSD helped a little there, but the Weber made the biggest difference there. Cleaning and rebuilding the stock carb probably would have helped a lot too, but I decided to just go for the Weber.

• Like 1

^^^that's a pretty coupe...

I had my hubs redrilled to 4x114 and fit these Enkei Apache II wheels, along with a set of the smallest Blizzaks that Bridgestone sells. So that's a 15x7 wheel with 38mm offset , and 185/55r15 tires. They seem to fit but it's pretty tight on the inside edge of the rear. I've got some 14mm spacers I can throw on the rear if I have problems but I'm going to see if I can get by without them.

45571640251_470542928f_b.jpgWagon build log 30 by Jason Ahrns, on Flickr