Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What's a "totaled", 1-owner, 105k, 2006 impreza 2.5i sedan worth? See pics.

Hey guys. Recently i was rear ended and pushed into the car ahead of me in my 06 impreza 2.5i. The insurance company deemed it totaled but the appraiser said there was no frame damage. The car is a one owner (we bought it new) with 105k miles. It still starts, runs and drives. The radiator was punctured so it cannot be run for more than a few seconds or heat damage might occur. The rear didn't receive much damage surprisingly. A new owner could just fix the front and have a great newish awd car! 

I have a chance to buy it from the insurace company or just let tm take it. The title is georgia and NOT salvage. It is clear. 

Should I let the insurance company take it or keep it and try to sell it? I don't want to part it out but i would sell it as a whole. 

Thoughts?  Thanks! 

12373325_1086850694671897_85368217893571

10259259_1086850774671889_84489510947796

The question is what will it cost you to buy it back from the insurance company.

It does not look to bad, if you could post pics of the engine compartment and frame rails... we could tell you more.

In parts it's worth the most unless someone wants to put it on the road as a personal Subaru.

• Like 1

The question is what will it cost you to buy it back from the insurance company.

It does not look to bad, if you could post pics of the engine compartment and frame rails... we could tell you more.

In parts it's worth the most unless someone wants to put it on the road as a personal Subaru.

I am waiting to hear that number. So, I don't know yet. Any idea what the car is worth as it sits? 

• Like 1

Buyback is probably going to be over $500. If you buy it back you aren't going to be able to sell it for a whole lot more than that, there isn't a huge market for crashed cars. If you wanna fix it up yourself and try to sell it, you might make out, if you wanna part it you might make out. I went through the same thing when my forester was crashed. The frame rails were bent so it wasn't getting fixed, I didn't have the time and space right now to part it out, so I just let it go and cut my losses. If you don't have, or aren't going to buy another vehicle to use the parts on, let it go. Parting out a car is a huge pain in the butt, people will waste your time and you'll have a wrecked car sitting in your yard for a year. Same deal trying to sell it.

• Like 1

Parting out a car is a huge pain in the butt, people will waste your time and you'll have a wrecked car sitting in your yard for a year. Same deal trying to sell it.

LOL that's what I want to avoid. I'll wait to hear what they wanna sell it to me for. 

I was thoroughly surprised that they offered me $6884 + 7% sales tax $482 + $20 title fee. Total $7384. to settle the claim. That number is before rental car and tow fee... which they will also pay.

Parting out a car is a huge pain in the butt, people will waste your time and you'll have a wrecked car sitting in your yard for a year. Same deal trying to sell it.

LOL that's what I want to avoid. I'll wait to hear what they wanna sell it to me for. 

I was thoroughly surprised that they offered me $6884 + 7% sales tax $482 + $20 title fee. Total $7384. to settle the claim. That number is before rental car and tow fee... which they will also pay.

The buyback will probably be the sales tax ($482) plus scrap fee, around $300.

If you went to the hospital, make sure that total doesn't include the medical settlement. Medical settlement should be separate from the property settlement. 

Email me pictures of the rear and when you get a figure. I might buy it from you for the buyback price plus something making it worth your time.

Parting out cars is only worth it to a small number of people.  I'll never do it again.  I'll sell some parts here and there if I have a car for other reasons but Pictures, shipping, meeting people, damaged parts, claims that parts don't work, people take 2 hours of your time and then end up not buying the part, tons of questions.

Thanks but I already bought another car and have no interest in keeping the subie. 

When I was still running my 96' Lincoln Mark VIII (It had minor mods to reduce intake and exhaust restrictions including a 50 pound reduction in aftermarket high-flow mufflers and K&N, intake resonator screen removed and larger opening filter box, lowered 1.5" via bracket modding to lower the bags, full synthetics bumper to bumper, spark plugs custom filed +5 hp on V8's, etc.) and when those SHO originally came out, hadn't realized what it was and an old guy was driving an all black SHO and raced me from a 35 MPH cruising speed and couldn't over take no matter how hard he tried. Wasn't until the next light when he passed me that I saw it was a SHO. From a dig, it probably would have passed me, but all that extra weight it has was killing it's top-end. Think they weigh 4600 pounds w/o driver (Mark VIII was 3700 but closer to 3865 with me in it)

I suggest getting an ECM flash/chip to up your power levels before seeking out an STi or even a Mazda 3, etc. as they'll probably be quicker, especially if they have upgrades. My Mark VIII was roughly a low 14 second car and was even quicker than the V6 Nissans with their 270hp and those are 14 second cars as well. It still had the factory 3.08's and auto.

• 1 month later...