Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Where does the Justy owner fit in on this site?

Justy's really need their own forum, as they are completely unlike any other subaru - new or old. The problem is they don't warrant their own forum because frankly most people here don't like them. They were not all that reliable either - with their engines often lasting only 100k before needing a rebuild.

I personally like the Justy, and have had my eye out for a 4WD one for a while now. Unfortunately, they are rare, and parts are even more rare. Would make a sweet rally-x rig - cheap, light, and 4WD. And no one will care if I destroy it.

GD

A Justy would actually be a great off-roader because of its power-to-weight ratio. I think something like 66-73hp(?) in a car that can potentially get below 2000lbs is quite respectable. If it could be lifted 2-3" and run 15" wheels/tires, weld up the spiders in the rear, and there you go.

I am a new owner of a 92 Justy GL (4wd, 5-sp)and am looking for a forum to call home.

Welcome! I think you might have found the right place. I know there are Justy owners here...I have an '89 5 speed, great little car.

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot here in the old gen section about the justy, does anyone know of a Justy specific forum? Thanks in advance.

Tell us about your Justy!

'89 Justy DL 5 Speed

'89 GL Sedan 5 Speed (my 4 wheeler)

'88 Gl Wagon auto awd (4 wheeler back up)

'87 GL Wagon (parts car)

'87 GL Wagon 5 Speed (Miami) eventual parts hauler

'86 GL-10 Turbo Wagon parts car===mabie

Welcome aboard. Justy's are still Subaru's. They belong right here in the old gen. The new gen starts with cars that Started in the 90's. Legacy/SVX/Impreza. Since the Justy started in the 80's, here it belongs.

You've got a good one, fuel injection is great!!!

I copied this from the "Older Generation of Subarus" header,

Older model Subaru discussion: 360, DL, GL, Loyale, Brat, Justy, Xt, Xt6, STD, RX, RS, GLF, FE, GL-10, GL-5, GSR, DL-5, FF-1, and Rex.

So it looks like Justys are barely welcome here:rolleyes:

However, the more you modify it,......the more the Justy is welcome here!

Just Kidding,

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

Modify...you mean like turbo charge it

I copied this from the "Older Generation of Subarus" header,

Older model Subaru discussion: 360, DL, GL, Loyale, Brat, Justy, Xt, Xt6, STD, RX, RS, GLF, FE, GL-10, GL-5, GSR, DL-5, FF-1, and Rex.

So it looks like Justys are barely welcome here:rolleyes:

However, the more you modify it,......the more the Justy is welcome here!

Just Kidding,

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

Bumped into a guy on base today in a lifted '91 GEO Tracker. It was pretty sick really. Up on 32X10.5 Super Swampers, about 6" suspension lift, stock engine and running gear. Looked like a blast! I'd rather have the Samurai I think tho :)