Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Strange stuff happenin

Always, the same spot everyday my rx does this thing when i come to the stop sign it begins to idle real low and then when i give it gas with the clutch in it feels like theres some sort of resistance. When i begin to drive and i release the clutch the car barely moves even with the pedal all the way to the floor and it will make some strange clunking noises then it will all of a sudden kick in and rev right up normally. Same stop sign everyday no where else.

Mike

Some things are just weird like that ..

I had a 94 chrysler LHS.. on my way to work in the morning it was fine, but at one particular place, if I drove by after 9pm or so, the check engine light would come on.. didn't matter if I was cruising at 50 or stopped at the light.. it was really weird.. some places are just haunted like that

If they did then the 3 RX's i had, they were removed.

Anyhow, i think that....the gov. has put these special devices in odd places to see how other electrical things react to certin wave lenghths....or something like that. I know that my parents 95 Dodge caravan....we were somewhere near the coast, near an air force base...when all of a sudden, all the bells and whistles went off, the gauge cluster went crazy, and the wipers were all over the place....the engine also was acting up....since then, the check engine light is strange, and the trans ECU never worked right...it also still does strange things at times. Key word(s): "Air Force Base" That = Government.

• 1 year later...

Well... My '85 EA82 Weberized GL Wagon, had an Horrible Loud Noise, when I pull the Clutch at a mid high rev's; when the car is parked. Example: in a Stop, when the car stops totally, and then you want to move it; put the 1st and pull the cluch at near 3000 RPM's and a Loud "...OOOoooooiiiiiiiiii..." came from the inside of the Gear box.

I think maybe it's a worn clutch press. The Clutch disc is New, the center ball bearing too... etc. All seems to be Good and new. But the Noise...
(Hear "Twilight Zone" musical theme... ) ...The Noise is oo Loud and abnormal. Not metallic, not Cracking, etc... just a Loud scream. :eek:

First, i was thinkin' maybe the Rubber belts did it. I changed everything. It sound like a Belt, but it´s the Gearbox.

Any Idea how to Fix it Up???

Kind Regards.  :)

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Mine did something like that. It became more frequent and worse. Eventually the car would not move, although it was running fine.

Reason: Inside of hub got stripped out. Cause: 'flat' axle washer put on wrong.

I got a 10 mile tow home. Then I swtiched on the diff lock and had some fun in the gravel farm lot before pulling into the garage. :banana: