Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Justys!! Well...lack of.

WJM

I cant seem to find many Justys.

are they just rare...or do people treat them like paper plates and use them for a while and junk them? Ive actually NEVER seen any in any junkyards, and rarely have I seen them out and about...ive maybe seen 4~6 alive and running...ive seen far more pre 85 wagons than Justys as a whole.

there was a 4wd 5 speed about a mile from my house about 2 or so weeks ago. It was dented and out of inspection (on a car lot mind you) and he was asking $995 for it. I laughed I said to my wife I might be inclined to give him $99 for it. No crap he dropped the price to $99 :banghead: and it was gone in 2 days (basically a day before I could get there to buy it)

Matt

100_5668.jpg100_5669.jpg

This is my daily driver, 94 5sp 2wd, mpfi. I saw it sitting in a junkyard next to where I live and convinced the yard owner to sell it to me for $300 with a blown up motor (really blown up). I drove up to san jose to get a j/y replacement motor. every single part on the car, gaskets, seals and everything are special order except the oil filter. even the air filter had to be special ordered (I work at napa). I just ordered a new pair of CV's for it that came from colorado. :confused:

I love this car to death as it is the smallest and most fun thing I have ever driven. despite what people think, that little 3 banger has GUTS!!!!

(yes I painted the stripe on it, to add to its awesomeness)

-Mike

Has anyone succesfully replaced a Justy with an alternate motor (like a Suzuki Swift turbo or something else)? I was looking at some Justys some time back and kept thinking about power-to-weight ratio. The one(s) I were seeking were the 1988 GL (1755lbs) or the DL (1655lbs) to do a motor swap in. Even a measly motor with with 150hp would have any of these two cars screaming. My dream is to own one of these with an Acura Integra engine in it (or one with hp/torque around 170hp or so).

If anyone of you here can produce something like this for me, I'd give up jboth of my XT6s (both are running strong) as down payment and we could discuss the rest. I'm dead serious! :slobber:

BTW: The white stripe is cute. :grin:

Speaking of Justies...err Justys in CO.

Theres one in boulder at about 56th and Arapahoe. The front drivers fender is crunched and its a 2 door 5 speed. I left a note on it, and the police came and did their thing with a note too. Its been there so long I've watched the spare on it go flat(drive by every day while working). Anyone know anything about it? I sure would like it:brow:

I bought a 91 with 26000 miles on it with tranny problems.

IT came with another tranny. My uncle made one tranny out of both, but there is a problem. The engine runs fine but the tranny is not in neutral but drive therefore something is wrong. NO one is this area, even at the Subaru dealership(Chattanooga, TN) knows anything about this model. I'm sort of at a

dead end and may end up selling the car.

My buddy here up north drives a justy... just blew a rod. BAAAD.. who stocks rods for 3 cylinders? King (the dealership i work for) won't "aquire" an engine (the thing is FUBARed, trash), and Super Rupair is fresh out. Meh, i tell him he needs something that ISN'T justy inside of his... how about a 2.2?

And yeah, CO is terrific for subarus..