Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rare Subaru Spotted...

I saw this the other day and stopped to take pics and talk to the owner. It's a '83 Black Diamond. On the front fenders it reads 5/100 and Black Diamond on the doors. It has unique alloys, a front grille guard, power windows, cruise, A/C, Etc.

The owner said she bought it from the original owner with 30k miles on it a few years ago for $2,500 in Colorado. She claimed the owners son was on the US Ski Team and Subaru gave him this car, reportedly #5 of 100 made. It's not turbocharged.

Anybody know anything about these?http://groups.msn.com/USMB/83blackdiamond1of100.msnw?albumlist=2

Is there anyway you could post pics in the USMB photo gallery. This way everyone doesnt need to get a user name and password to see pics on MSN.

Subaru Bob had a Black Diamond, I cant remember what # it was. I think he got it from Chef Tim, but that was a couple years ago, and I'm not sure if he still has it.

Rob

Rob, let me know if you can't get them after Junkie (Thanks) made the changes, I can mail them.

It's a cool car, would like to hear from Chef Tim and Subaru Bob on any info they might have about the history of these cars.

Bob, you still have it?

• 2 years later...

So how much do these things go for? I happen to know someone who has one of these in grand junction Co. In fact, the owner is my step-dads father. Not sure if he is lookin to get rid of it, but it's probably not in the best of shape, but thought I should metion it anyway.

kevlar

Sorry I'm late, had to find out about this from mnsubaru.com:lol: . The one I sold to Bob was #93 if I remember correctly. All they were was a dealer kit with graphics and a few cosmetic dress up things. Still a nice car. Nice to see you still around Jamie, how's life treating you??? Have a good one, Tim

What kind of wheels are those? They look different from the other EA81 4 spokes I've seen.

Did yours have the grille guard?

Those are the 82 four spoke LX wheels. They carried them over into the 83 model year. If you look at the old dealer booklets you can see them on 82 and 83 subys. The other 4 spokes you're thinking of are the 84 four spoke alloys. I found a set of the 82's for my car last year but ive never seen another set until now.