Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Custom steering wheels - Post your pic!

Alf

Hello all,

I'm back after a long time (OK, it's only 2 months :) ). Now we are just doing the bodywork, and when it's finished, I want to install a new (well, at least for me) steering wheel. The original is worn down very well, that's why I want to change. I don't have any ideas what kind of wheel I want yet, what looks cool in the blue EA-82 interior (the dashboard is black, but everything else is blue), and what is great to grip. I'm interested in other Subaru wheels also, I don't want to buy aftermarket wheel if not necessary.

So please post your pics about your custom steering wheels! :brow:

Thanks,

Alf

the real question is how do you get an adaptor for the wheel?

It's easy for me at least, I have some friends in here, and their daily job is milling and turning (lathing). I only have to get some raw material and they will do the adaptor in 2 hours for 5 beers. :)

How hard would it be to get the horn or work after swapping out the steering wheel?

the MOMO adapter for the gen1/gen2 soobs (7302) has a connector that the horn wire plugs into (provided the steering wheel you are putting on has a horn.....)

the MOMO adapter for the gen1/gen2 soobs (7302) has a connector that the horn wire plugs into (provided the steering wheel you are putting on has a horn.....)

That's awesome! And this adapter will work with any momo wheel, right?

Only thing is, I would feel a little guilty taking out the stock steering wheel from an XT, the steering wheel gives it so much character...

I am posting this for future searches, the Legacy or Impreza steering wheel adapter will fit the EA82 cars, this includes the XT series! This was just covered in another recent thread.

thats something that would have been helpful a while back, thanks for posting that shadow. now i just gotta hit up advanced and get an adapter. that and i need to change the color of the wheel i got sitting in the car.