Ultimate Subaru Message Board

subaru gf?

i just saw a subaru "gf" 5speed front wheel drive...

didn't know they even made those at first i thought it was a old celica almost

hmmm

anyone else seen these things?..wonder if you could 4wd it and drop a ea82t in it hmm... looks pretty light

Theres a local guy here that has one just like you described. Its a 79 5 speed FWD. Ity does kinda resemble an old Celica. somewhat cool looking. He's in process of a full restoration on it. I'm sure Todd or Jason or one of the other Gen 1 guys could give you a breakdown on the specs better than I could.

anyone got a pic.this is the first time i heard of one of those.(just when i thought i'd knew of all the subies out there.)

about couple mnth back was the first time i've seen a 360 in person/cool little car,wouldn't mind owning one but dealer ship in nashue wouldn't sell:(

Some years ago there was a sweet old GLF sitting in an alley in North Seattle. It was like a fully loaded GF...had air conditioning and everything. Cool how they mounted the mirrors way out front on the fenders. I left notes on the windshield but never got a response. Poor thing got vandalized to death and finally hauled off. Would of made ya all sick.

The GF was a hardtop and the "top of the line". (It was not a coupe, like the FE) It was offered in stage 1 version from 75-77 and stage 2 from 78-79. It had all the bells and whistles.

The FE was not a hardtop. It was a coupe and was offered in 78 and 79. It was just a basic coupe with a few mods to give it better MPG. And yes it had FE on the trunklid.

Here's a pic of mine.

gf1.jpg

ishe now i'm confused. my bad i though the fe was a hardtop. it was basically the "two door sedan" then? i know it had different stuff under the hood.

so was the gf the ONLY hardtop in the 70's?

Yep, the GF was the only hardttop. (GF in my picture above)

Soon to have louvers!! Whoo who~!

Subaru had the 2 door "sedan", the 2 door "coupe" and the 2 door "hardtop/GF" in the 70s.

Todd